Remove MIB1 folder from Columbus navigation

• 2 months later...

Some info that was not obvious to me just in case anyone else ends up in the same predicament as me:

The SD card/USB stick needs to be formatted as FAT32, not NTFS.

You need to extract the files from the zip.

If you try to copy the zip to a FAT32 partition, Windows will prompt you to change to NTFS.

If it's a 32GB device, the extracted files won't fit if its NTFS due to the increased overhead.

6 minutes ago, misor1994 said:

For instance here https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/int/en/index.html Just select the model and choose the correct infotainment.

Discover Media = Amundsen

Discover Pro = Columbus

I have 2014 Skoda Octavia. I believe the infotainment system is Amundsen. Can you confirm?

5 minutes ago, misor1994 said:

If you have 5.8" screen and map data are stored at SD card, then yes.

I have original Skoda Navigation SD card but just realised that is 8gb capacity and the navigation is much more?

10 hours ago, Kachaka said:

I have original Skoda Navigation SD card but just realised that is 8gb capacity and the navigation is much more?

If you have a MIB1 Amundsen (Octavia built prior to May 2015 - which is what I have) then an 8GB card is correct and will have a part number beginning 5E0.

The "latest" available maps for a MIB1 Amundsen on both the Skoda and VW websites have not been updated since mid-2020 - which is annoying (especially as the VW website alleges that they were updated in November 2020, but a file-by-file comparison I have done proves they are the same maps as the 2020/21 update in mid-2020 so VW are "being economical with the truth").

The MIB2 Amundsen uses different maps which need a larger SD card with a part number beginning 5L0.

16 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

If you have a MIB1 Amundsen (Octavia built prior to May 2015 - which is what I have) then an 8GB card is correct and will have a part number beginning 5E0.

The "latest" available maps for a MIB1 Amundsen on both the Skoda and VW websites have not been updated since mid-2020 - which is annoying (especially as the VW website alleges that they were updated in November 2020, but a file-by-file comparison I have done proves they are the same maps as the 2020/21 update in mid-2020 so VW are "being economical with the truth").

The MIB2 Amundsen uses different maps which need a larger SD card with a part number beginning 5L0.

Yes my SD card number starts with 5E0 and is 8GB. I downloaded the Europe Bundle 1 map because was only 6GB and whole Europe was 16GB. I unarchiver and inside are 2 folders: EEC and 00. I paste them in the SD card and when I inserted in my car doesn't work. Did I do anything wrong, Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Kachaka said:

I unarchiver and inside are 2 folders: EEC and 00. I paste them in the SD card and when I inserted in my car doesn't work. Did I do anything wrong, Any ideas?

Those are not MIB1 Amundsen maps.

MIB1 Amundsen maps have one file (DBinfo.txt) and one folder (markets).

Visit the VW map update site here select Golf until 2015 and Discover Media to get to a link to the correct maps for a MIB1 Amundsen.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2021 at 08:17, PetrolDave said:

Those are not MIB1 Amundsen maps.

MIB1 Amundsen maps have one file (DBinfo.txt) and one folder (markets).

Visit the VW map update site here select Golf until 2015 and Discover Media to get to a link to the correct maps for a MIB1 Amundsen.

The first time I selected Passat (MIB2) and it didn't work.. now with the Golf until 2015 (MIB1) is fine and the 8GB SD card is enough as well! Thank you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DanielPT said:

Okay i just tryed with another Kingston 32GB and again error about the size. Strange.

If you have an Amundsen then you MUST use a genuine Skoda SD card for the maps, the Amundsen (MIB1 and MIB2) will not recognise any other SD cards as map cards.

7 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

If you have an Amundsen then you MUST use a genuine Skoda SD card for the maps, the Amundsen (MIB1 and MIB2) will not recognise any other SD cards as map cards.

I have a columbus ;)

3 minutes ago, DanielPT said:

I have a columbus ;)

Seems this thread has got owners of both Amundsen (Kachaka) and Columbus (DanielIPT) posting in it - which is very confusing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DanielPT said:

This i so strange. I have now testet 2 kingston USB pens and the same problem. I have a SD 32 GB card and that works.

SD og USB.jpg

See how the icon is different? The USB pens are treated as a removable hard drive but the SD card isn't - maybe this is the problem?