Octavia Mk IV - Any experience with Octavia IV Hybrid?

I have ordered my 3rd Skoda Octavia - I have previous had Octavia 140PS 2.0 TDI hatchback (2004) and Octavia 2.0 TDI Stationcar (2007). I have now an Octavia Mk IV (204PS) on its way, planned production in a couple of weeks, however I have not seen anyone in this forum sharing their experience with an Octavia Hybrid?

Would appriciate any experience(s) you might have to share.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, threadbear said:

Think they are so new, nobody owns one. You maybe the first! 

Ill pop a couple of pictures, when I get the car from the dealer. - As of current, dealer expects  the car to be delivered 24/12 (Christmas eve in Denmark at 4PM).

I doubt my wife will be mighty happy if I go pick up the car in the middle of Christmas Dinner - I guess I better wait til after Christmas to keep family peace in check  :D

Was checking the Skoda website this afternoon and the PHEV Octy was not shown, you must have a dealer whose on the ball. The only thing stopping me ordering is is no price list of models and options,  plus that new infotainment still looks like an accident in the making.

• Like 1

In Denmark, it was released for sale  early November. Local pricing is identical to 2.0 TDI (150PS) with DSG - both for Ambiente and Style (which I think is called SE and SEL in UK).

Pricing is obviously very dependant on taxes - for Denmark EVs and PHEV is currently with very low taxation, in 2020 - for 2021 PHEVs is going to become much more expensive (aprox up  by 20-30%)   :-S

In Denmark there is two variations - IV and IV PLUS, which is exact equal to SE and SEL equipment (except massive 18" wheels on the PLUS model over 17" on none PHEV model).

I was also informed that Skoda is changing slightly for cars produced Week 48, 2020 onwards.

What I saw, it was a change of :
-  The wheels (no more the black alloys to Perseus variant (http://skoda-acc.com/Original, Skoda, Octavia, IV, 18, R18, alloy, wheel, PERSEUS, 5E3071498H, HA7, 5E3071498HHA7).

- Rearview mirror vert small change (the boarder of the outside changed slightly)

- There was 4-5 other things that was changed, but was so ever small differences, that it is not worth to mention (not that the rearview mirror is that important of the looks).

Sadly there is no option for swivel towbar for the IV models (at least in Denmark), only removable towbar is offered.

5 hours ago, ajw1100 said:

Was checking the Skoda website this afternoon and the PHEV Octy was not shown, you must have a dealer whose on the ball. The only thing stopping me ordering is is no price list of models and options,  plus that new infotainment still looks like an accident in the making.

You should be able to download a pricelist from the link below that features the iV models

https://www.skoda.co.uk/discover/download-a-brochure

13 hours ago, Martin3400 said:

In Denmark, it was released for sale  early November. Local pricing is identical to 2.0 TDI (150PS) with DSG - both for Ambiente and Style (which I think is called SE and SEL in UK).

Pricing is obviously very dependant on taxes - for Denmark EVs and PHEV is currently with very low taxation, in 2020 - for 2021 PHEVs is going to become much more expensive (aprox up  by 20-30%)   :-S

In Denmark there is two variations - IV and IV PLUS, which is exact equal to SE and SEL equipment (except massive 18" wheels on the PLUS model over 17" on none PHEV model).

I was also informed that Skoda is changing slightly for cars produced Week 48, 2020 onwards.

What I saw, it was a change of :
-  The wheels (no more the black alloys to Perseus variant (http://skoda-acc.com/Original, Skoda, Octavia, IV, 18, R18, alloy, wheel, PERSEUS, 5E3071498H, HA7, 5E3071498HHA7).

- Rearview mirror vert small change (the boarder of the outside changed slightly)

- There was 4-5 other things that was changed, but was so ever small differences, that it is not worth to mention (not that the rearview mirror is that important of the looks).

Sadly there is no option for swivel towbar for the IV models (at least in Denmark), only removable towbar is offered.

We ordered a IV Combi PLUS in Lava Blue and expect delivery in the last weeks of December as well (also in Denmark). 

We ordered the swivel towbar, but was informed that it was out of stock. So we opted to not have any towbar mounted and would get it post-production in February. Due to the new taxes we would rather not have a towbar now and be able to register the car in 2020, than wait to 2021 :)

On 22/11/2020 at 09:15, Silkjaer said:

We ordered a IV Combi PLUS in Lava Blue and expect delivery in the last weeks of December as well (also in Denmark). 

We ordered the swivel towbar, but was informed that it was out of stock. So we opted to not have any towbar mounted and would get it post-production in February. Due to the new taxes we would rather not have a towbar now and be able to register the car in 2020, than wait to 2021 :)

Update - Dealership for both Silkjaer (Octavia Combi IV and my dealership for Octavia Coupe IV) now confirms that it is technically not possible to mount swivel towbar on Octavia Hybrid models.

Option 5E3092155 (detatchable towbar) is only Skoda original towbar available for these. Option 5E3092160 (Swivel Towbar) is only available for petrol and Diesel models (and possible CNG models).

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

?

Can the cars tow as in are they type approved by Skoda for towing and can a towbar be fitted for fitting a big carrier to?

They are approved for towing 1500kg 

Got an update yesterday that the car is produced and is now just waiting for transport. Exciting :)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Silkjaer said:

They are approved for towing 1500kg 

Got an update yesterday that the car is produced and is now just waiting for transport. Exciting :)

Very excited to hear an update of when your car is ready for delivery at your dealer - I am keeping fingers crossed for my car to be completed at factory December 10th - question is how long it will take to transport the car and prepare it for delivery :)

21 minutes ago, Martin3400 said:

Very excited to hear an update of when your car is ready for delivery at your dealer - I am keeping fingers crossed for my car to be completed at factory December 10th - question is how long it will take to transport the car and prepare it for delivery :)

Usually 3 weeks from factory to dealer but with Xmas and New Year holidays expect to wait at least 4 to 5 weeks instead.

32 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Usually 3 weeks from factory to dealer but with Xmas and New Year holidays expect to wait at least 4 to 5 weeks instead.

Our dealer said 2 weeks from production week when we ordered it. Maybe it is expedited due to registration fee changes in Denmark from New Years. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Silkjaer said:

Our dealer said 2 weeks from production week when we ordered it. Maybe it is expedited due to registration fee changes in Denmark from New Years. 

I questioned this to dealer, what the forecast where to have the car delivered this year, was "very good", when he notified production confirmed week 50 - so I am guessing 2-3 weeks for delivery in Denmark from factory, but obviously "guaranteed" would have been much better :D

But I gladly use delivery for Silkjaers car as benchmark for my car ;) 

I could suspect that Skoda is interested in pumping up delivery numbers for the IV models too, as this will help both their avarage emission of cars as well as get IVs rolling :-/ 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been driving my PHEV now for about a week. I'm really happy about it. General consumption after about 300km is 1,6L/100km. 

I would recommend buying a faster charger if it's possible for your home. It will take 6,5h from 0 to 100% with the charger they provide you with. And with a correct charger that time will cut in half. 

Especially if you have temperatures in the 0 celsius range. It takes over 7h to recharge if the temp is 0. 

Few annoyances :

I can't get the electric seat/ infotainment user to pair with the keys. When i go to the car allways the last users settings are on the car. 

Skoda Connect is rubbish. One of the reasons we bought this car was this because our cold climate in Finland. So i could use my phone to heat the car but it just doesn't work. If I use the timed settings from the car then it works but not from the phone. And since my work times aren't the same everyday this is really annoying. 

Apart from those two things I'm really happy. 

Both seem to be more of a software problems so I'm hoping there will be a fix for this. 

• Like 1

Our lava blue combi is ready at the dealer, but due to new registration fees etc, we have postponed pickup to next week.

Hope the Skoda Connect issues are resolved quickly, as we’ve been looking very much forward to turning on heat remotely in the morning :)

Mine was put on train from factory yesterday - so hoping mine will arrive as a nice christmas gift :) 

I have still not heard anything from my sales rep regarding affect of the new tax legislation will have on my price 2020 vs 2021, but I sure can wait another week, if there is some money to save :)

Mine will be Moon white hatchback.

Truely dissapointing I must say, if remote heating isn't possible, as that is one of the very nice features to have available and much more convenient than fixed schedules surely.

I am guessing it is starting to become a race for me and Silkjaer, who that can post pictures of our car, when it has been delivered :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can i ask how long the charging lead is that comes with the car ??? I like the fact the port is on the side and not the bonnet as i reverse my car onto the driveway........ but i would need a decent sized lead to reach where the charger would be.

19 minutes ago, Hudson1 said:

Can i ask how long the charging lead is that comes with the car ??? I like the fact the port is on the side and not the bonnet as i reverse my car onto the driveway........ but i would need a decent sized lead to reach where the charger would be.

I'd say it's little bit longer than the car is. 

That is the shuko - type 2 charger. 

I think the type 2 - type 2 cord is shorter 

I can measure it for you if you want?

I back my car near the charging outlet so i can still open the boot and use the normal outlet charger and it's fine. 

I have just thought, is your car LHD ? Is the charging port on the drivers side...... if so then in the UK it will of course be on the right hand side.

When your are driving the car can it be used in pure electric up to any speed or above a certain speed does it switch to petrol ??