Noisy and creaking active suspensions - how to apply grease

Hello everyone

have a Superb MK3 2017 4X4 with the dreaded squeaking noises from the the front suspensions.

During the annual service I asked the dealership to check this issue. They claimed they put lots of grease, but the noises haven't changed at all.

After reading about the problem. I read it's recommended to lube the wishbone bushings, and was advised to use this specific lithium grease and not any type of grease with code G052150 A2 which I just boought. Since it's out of warranty, I'd like to try this myself.

I added an official document from Skoda (possibly) explaining how to use the above lithium grease to fix the noises. 

Is there a place where I can find pictures of these transverse links so I can apply this grease? 

Thanks in advance.

1.jpeg

6.jpg

• Thanks 1

A complete bodge and shows the desperate measures that VAG will take and how low they have sunk.

A rubber to metal bonded bearing requires no lubrication, in fact on older compound rubbers it will cause the bearing to fail in short order just like an oil leak onto an engine mounting.

They were introduced to do away with the maintenance requirement of greasing articulating suspension joints and also to give a much quieter more compliant ride.

I dont doubt that slathering the bushes with grease will temporarily stop the noise coming from the undesired metal to metal contact which is the real issue.

• Like 1

Interesting. My dealer said the noise I was experiencing was from the anti-roll bar bushes which, when replaced, solved the bloody annoying creaking once and for all? How odd that the model could suffer two noisy suspension components. 

• Like 2

@Baverhanne

Thanks, I can't fully understand the diagram, but I'm sure it will be helpful.

3 hours ago, numskull said:

Interesting. My dealer said the noise I was experiencing was from the anti-roll bar bushes which, when replaced, solved the bloody annoying creaking once and for all? How odd that the model could suffer two noisy suspension components. 

That's interesting. I might as well replace those bushings. Any idea what is the SKU of those bushes?

Thanks again