Skoda Connect Lite

As a starter, there seems to be a lot of menus and choices for challenges. Driving style could also be viewed on my media screen but that's tedious to view .

I was hoping too see mpg , but no. What are the best data to add to the app and the quickest way to get points show them. I'm doing short journeys at the moment. The exhaust temperature sounds intriguing.

Edited by gregoir

Hello Gregoir,

Well - you don't have to do the challenges - they are a fun item....and only to be completed as a novality.

To get Trip information, from the front screen:

Click over the wording of "Last Trip xx month year hh:mm - hh:mm" and you will get a list of your trips.

Click again over the wording of the trip you wanted to find more information about and you will be given the matrices of information about that journey.

Start/End mileages, distance, average speed, maximum speed, fuel costs, oil temp, coolant temp, intake air temp, throttle position

Have you tried “one app” instead?  Doesn’t need an internet connection or a ŠKODA connect subscription. Just works off usb and records all of your driving data for free. 

That being said, it seems ŠKODA want people to start paying for the privilege of accessing their driving data, what with “my ŠKODA” app being discontinued soon, and replaced with a re branded ŠKODA connect app. One app is likely to go the same way very soon 😢

19 minutes ago, Gumby said:

“my ŠKODA” app being discontinued soon, and replaced with a re branded ŠKODA connect app.

Which if you don't have Skoda Connect because you have an Octavia that was manufactured without the hardware to use Skoda Connect means you lose some of the (very few) useful features of My Skoda - like access to the Digital Service Record :wall::wall::wall:

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Which if you don't have Skoda Connect because you have an Octavia that was manufactured without the hardware to use Skoda Connect means you lose some of the (very few) useful features of My Skoda - like access to the Digital Service Record :wall::wall::wall:

yup, which I why I think is the plan to force everyone, regardless of model or hardware, to buy a subscription in order to access their  data which up until now is freely available using a usb cable and a free app. 

This is my biggest annoyance with ŠKODA connect- they don’t say anywhere clearly on the website that you need both the correct module in your car and the care connect subscription if you want to do anything other than get live traffic updates on the satnav. “Look at how cool this app is, you can see if your car is locked and sound the horn!!* **

*compatible vehicle and care connect subscription required

**vehicle must be constantly connected to the internet”

2 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Hello Gregoir,

Well - you don't have to do the challenges - they are a fun item....and only to be completed as a novality.

To get Trip information, from the front screen:

Click over the wording of "Last Trip xx month year hh:mm - hh:mm" and you will get a list of your trips.

Click again over the wording of the trip you wanted to find more information about and you will be given the matrices of information about that journey.

Start/End mileages, distance, average speed, maximum speed, fuel costs, oil temp, exhaust gas temperature ,coolant temp, intake air temp and throttle valve position.

Do you mean on the car screen or the smart phone? If the smartphone, then I have to earn points to view oil temperature, coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, intake air temperature and throttle valve position.

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

yup, which I why I think is the plan to force everyone, regardless of model or hardware, to buy a subscription in order to access their  data which up until now is freely available using a usb cable and a free app. 

*compatible vehicle and care connect subscription required

But my vehicle, a 2015 Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance, is NOT a compatible vehicle so there's no point me buying a subscription as my car wasn't built with the hardware to enable Skoda Connect.

So by discontinuing the MySkoda app they are making it impossible for me to access some of the data I currently can.

1 hour ago, gregoir said:

Was puzzled by the fuel costs. I noted I'd simply entered 107.9 as per pump. App interprets that as £107.9 per litre.

Is that in OneApp? You have to to enter it in the format 1.8 GBP/L. There is also a setting for units, where you need to change it to Metric for the calculations to make more sense. 

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

But my vehicle, a 2015 Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance, is NOT a compatible vehicle so there's no point me buying a subscription as my car wasn't built with the hardware to enable Skoda Connect.

So by discontinuing the MySkoda app they are making it impossible for me to access some of the data I currently can.

exactly my point, it’s as if ŠKODA presume that everyone spec’d the care connect module so none of this will be an issue 😡

20 hours ago, gregoir said:

Do you mean on the car screen or the smart phone? If the smartphone, then I have to earn points to view oil temperature, coolant temperature, exhaust gas temperature, intake air temperature and throttle valve position.

You are absolutely right - you do have to earn points to access some of these functions.  Yes - this is on the smartphone.  I wish I could give you some of mine - some 123000 points that I've accumalated.

However, there is some basic information that can be gleened in terms of Matrices.  Skoda Connect Lite is basically meant to be there to sit in the background, give you basic information, help you achieve greater MPG and efficiency and help you book servicing etc.

18 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

Err - no - Skoda Connect Lite will work on all Skodas from 2010 models onwards, so your 2015 Octy 1.4TSI is definately comptible.

18 hours ago, gregoir said:

Was puzzled by the fuel costs. I noted I'd simply entered 107.9 as per pump. App interprets that as £107.9 per litre.

wrong column - you have to put in the unit price; the columns look similar, and I don't think it is completely bug free in that direction. It tries to fill in the Price per litre (and it get these prices from international databases of fuel pricing), but you have to correct this column first, then the costs might make sense.  The car detecting the number of litres filled is also not 100% accurate.

3 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Err - no - Skoda Connect Lite will work on all Skodas from 2010 models onwards, so your 2015 Octy 1.4TSI is definately comptible.

It might if it would only let me login, even after changing my password (so I know I'm using the correct password) I'm stuck in a loop where Skoda Connect Lite is asking me to login - not impressed :wall:

I'd to go round in circles about a dozen times. Eventually the firmware updates after I developed a headache and desisted.. A few more hoops to jump through such as removing MIB, pairing the dongle and then re installing MIB. Am gradually inching towards 500 points.

11 hours ago, gregoir said:

There is another thread entitled Skoda connect in 2014 model. Read that to get you going.

That alerted me to the device and its use. I use an £11 VW dongle with Skoda Connect Lite. The device came with instructions.

Is that the link you intended, that thread only has one reply which says:

Pretty sure it'll never work as your VIN won't show up as connect compatible, sorry :(

On 02/12/2020 at 16:09, PetrolDave said:

It might if it would only let me login, even after changing my password (so I know I'm using the correct password) I'm stuck in a loop where Skoda Connect Lite is asking me to login - not impressed :wall:

Arh - that is a browser problem on your phone.  Make sure that your phone allows Cookies and that you don't have any third party ad-filter blockers installed.

20 hours ago, rogerdyer said:

Could anyone tell me how to use this? I've plugged in the dongle, paired it up with car, but have no idea how to make it work!!

Roger,

In essence, as long as you have Bluetooth switched on when you get into your car, Skoda Connect Lite will look after the rest of the connectivity for you - its all passive and working in the background. 

Go for a drive and as long as your phone can see the sky (for GPS), you will be accurate feedback in terms of your driving style.

The "drive" terminates if SCLite doesn't see any driving movement after 15 minutes.

You should see a notification of your driving (and the resultant information) in your phone notifications.

Edited by varaderoguy

38 minutes ago, varaderoguy said:

Arh - that is a browser problem on your phone.  Make sure that your phone allows Cookies and that you don't have any third party ad-filter blockers installed.

I wasn't using the browser but the Connect Lite app - so not a browser problem.

Seems it was a Skoda problem since when I tried again this morning it let me login - also proving it wasn't a browser problem.

Edited by PetrolDave

Oh; when you register and connect to the SClite, it does use a browser connection to register your device against the dongle.  The browser session is initiated inside the app.

In all fairness, you are right in so much that the Skoda/VW server back end is as stable as a jelly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1