Skoda Scala SEL White & Black

Steve8O

the diffuser look amazing I was also not impressed by the diffuser as it was not aggressive enough. Top job DIY'ing it your self. also boot install looks clean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve I’ve been looking at some of your pics and the car looks fantastic. I am planning on some of the mods and I agree the car is sat a little high. I would be looking to lower 15 to 20mm. Could this be achieved with just springs using the oem dampers? Or will I need new dampers to achieve this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers 

On 05/09/2022 at 17:46, Dave175 said:

Hi Steve I’ve been looking at some of your pics and the car looks fantastic. I am planning on some of the mods and I agree the car is sat a little high. I would be looking to lower 15 to 20mm. Could this be achieved with just springs using the oem dampers? Or will I need new dampers to achieve this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers 

Hi Dave,

Just springs will be fine for that look at Eibach or H&R

On 16/09/2022 at 16:01, Dave175 said:

Hi thanks for that, I wasn’t sure wether the oem dampers would be ok. You mentioned in one of your posts how the lowered springs had damaged them. 
Thanks

Dave 

I had Eibachs, lowering 30mm all around, for about 6 months.  They were a good spring and gave a much better look and handling to the car.  With my setup, the more modifications I did I personally felt as though the dampers went a bit soft with time.  Now, that could be the case but it could also be just my perception as I was desiring a stiffer and more sporty ride.  Ultimately both Eibach and H&R test their lowering springs with stock dampers and sell them to be used in that manner, it is only when looking at their marketed 'sport' springs that they suggest uprated dampers.

• 5 months later...