EPC Light

Hi

First post here.

My 2001 Fabia 1.4 is now showing a EPC light. I've had a lot of niggly things wrong over last 5 years - none very serious but have spent a lot of time driving the 20 or so miles to and from the local Skoda dealer. Question is, would any local garage be equipped to deal with diagnosing (and hopefully repairing) any potential problem or should I go back to the dealership.

The car is running fine (at least to me) so no idea if the problem is likely to be serious.

Thanks

Stephen.

Your initial diagnosis should be via ECU stored codes.

This can be done by anyone who has the equipment such as the excellent VAG-COM software or a simple code reader.

Almost all independants should have a code reader of some description and a good few people on here have VAG-COM. Perhaps try searching for a thread entitled VAG-COM Map or at least give us a clue to your location.

HI - thanks.

I live in Haslemere, South West Surrey - any suggestions for a suitable local garage would be great.

It's a manual car and is running fine - just noticed the light on tonight after a 200 mile journey back from South Wales.

You aren't too far from me then Stephen, if you want I can meet up with you perhaps on the A3 or something and have a look for you. I'll PM you.