312mm to 340mm discs - 2.0 TDI 4x4

Hello All, 

I have a Skoda Superb from 2018, 2.0 TDI 190ps. It's a great car overall, specifically when nothing breaks :)). It's been in my mind for a few months now to go for the bigger discs, the one of 340mm on front and 310 on rear, but I don't know exactly what also needs to be changed. At this moment it has 312mm on front and 282 on rear. Has anyone else made that upgrade and could be kind enough to let me know? Thank you!

Yep 🙋

You'll need:

Fronts.

Calipers, carriers, back plates, discs and pads off an octavia VRS, S3, Leon Cupra, golf R.

Some brake fluid.

You need to have 18" wheels on the car and an 18" space saver. 

They are a bolt on upgrade, look better behind the wheels and stop on a sixpence.

Don't waste your money upgrading the rears, they contribute very little to overall braking.

• Like 1

@RobertJitca don't waste money on the rears, the one you have to improve are the front ones.

But those 340mm discs are not the best solution. I had those discs OEM, but had to change them because for a heavy car like ours those will fade after some hard braking.

IMO you need fixed calipers, better pads and new brake lines if you really want to improve stopping power.

9 hours ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

You need to have 18" wheels on the car and an 18" space saver. 

from factory 2.0 tsi 4x4 also come with 17" STRATOS and 16" spare can be installed on the rear axle

20 hours ago, James@Pentagon_Seat said:

Don't waste your money upgrading the rears, they contribute very little to overall braking.

To be honest, I wanted to upgrade the rears because it seems like the pads are wearing so much faster than the front ones. I'm not sure if it's a problem of the car because everything seems alright, but i changed the first set of pads at 25k (front and rear) (I guess that I've driven too much in the city or I was too excited about the car:)) ) and at 52k I replaced the rear ones again and the front ones still had more than half left.

2 hours ago, RobertJitca said:

To be honest, I wanted to upgrade the rears because it seems like the pads are wearing so much faster than the front ones. I'm not sure if it's a problem of the car because everything seems alright, but i changed the first set of pads at 25k (front and rear) (I guess that I've driven too much in the city or I was too excited about the car:)) ) and at 52k I replaced the rear ones again and the front ones still had more than half left.

Do you use the auto hold function?

I always use EBC yellowstuff due to how well they work and how long they last. 

2 hours ago, UndertheRadar said:

Do you use the auto hold function?

I always use EBC yellowstuff due to how well they work and how long they last. 

Yes, I use the auto hold function. Could that be a reason for the wear? I'll use EBC yellowstuff on the next set of pads.

I find cars with the auto hold function turned on wear the rear discs and pads at a much faster rate than those with it turned off. There’s plenty of choice with brakes, you don’t need to use the EBC stuff. I do it out of habit as I’ve used them for years without issue. Generally when replacing OEM pads and discs I’ll fit the yellowstuff pads and something like the BSD discs. My last set of pads had 50k on them and the fronts wouldn’t have been half worn, when I sold the car. I’m not hard on brakes though.