LED COURTESY LIGHTS

Hello you guys! I want to ask you this. I am thinking of installing a courtesy led car door light in the 2 front doors in my skoda octavia mk3 2013 model. I already have the red lights on the door from factory and I'm thinking to take a parallel connection wire and drill a hole undernith and put a led light. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Hi. I'd save yourself the handiwork by purchasing one of these from SuperŠkoda (superskoda.com):

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-safety-door-lights-with-GHOST-light-RS-RED

I can attest to them as they are super easy to install and do the same as what you're asking for without the drilling and wiring needed.

I have a vRS, though, which this ghost light features its logo. 

Alternatively, there are these if your model supports mirror down lights: http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-mirror-downlight-KI-R

• Thanks 2

I got to thank you very much for your time and effort. I have checked the site and found that the lights also come in white. They are asking for 45 euros . A price that I understand but not willing to pay. If it was a 25 it would be a no brainer...maybe after my little experiment and this whole covid-19 thing passes I ll reconsider. Thank you again for your interest. This is a great community.!

I fitted the white Superskoda LED lights in the version with a projector that shows 'Octavia' onto the ground - they are really bright and look great with no errors.

Yes, they not the cheapest but the build quality is so much better than the cheap ones I got on Aliexpress - which were so badly built they went in the recycle bin.

• Thanks 1

I be seen them too and I think they are awesome. I prefer them more than the red with three vrs logo. I think they are 40 euros? I don't know if they charge extra for shipping though. And as for quality I agree with you 100% . Can you get back to me as to if the charge shipping fees extra? Thank you 

25 minutes ago, sharkee said:

Can you get back to me as to if the charge shipping fees extra? Thank you 

Since you're in Greece and I'm in the UK, my answer about shipping fees may not apply to you!

Why not go to their website place the LEDs in the shopping basket and go to the checkout to enter your location when you'll see the shipping fees that apply to you (you don't have to buy them yet!)?

Err @FrankLK - your photo leads to a 1000 questions.....

Its either your 'other' person and you enjoy your gender fluidity and dressing up or you have an amazing other half - or worst news of all.....you go and pick up certain ladies of the night - just to pose with your downlighters.....disgraceful! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

It's my better half and I was taking a picture, my wife is also a car enthusiast so it was for her profile pic. 

And there was a milion questions after that status anyway😂. It's pointless upgrade and I was thinking that I will not notice it after some time but actually I really like it and and it gives extra illumination from this side of the door.