Horn is embarrassing

HareLaw

On 20/01/2021 at 18:44, HareLaw said:

That's very helpful Jesse but where (oh where) is the horn situated?

I don't know where it is situated. Normally it is situated at the bottom at the front of the car (left or right). I should be pretty easy to modify. The old horn had a high tone horn and a low tone horn, the new one only has the high tone horn. Therefore, you only need the low tone horn, an extra holder and material to connect the horn to the existing wire.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

My Kamiq now has DUAL sounding horns .. buying  a 2nd hand VW Polo Dual horn set and a Splitter cable.. both on Ebay.

Leave the vertical bracket there, I made a new bracket for and attached  the dual horns, bolted it to the existing vertical bracket, plugged in .. yay !        30 Sept 2023

= Test that your existing horn does work before start, Car up on ramps, remove 9 x Torx #25 screws, to remove underside plastic underside splash guard.

= On the existing SINGLE horn, .. Unplug wiring , by 'pressing down' the SQUARE piece at the wires end, to be able to pull the plug off ,

then remove 10mm nut, then attach your manufactured new bracket [with the Dual Horns mounted on], to the existing vertical bracket

( using a new bolt/nut )  & plug into the car horn wireloom plug ... do a TEST toot ! Cable tie the plug to the bracket.

= To Make a bracket , I bought some perforated metal strap, cut to length and 'doubled' up for strength,

drill 3 holes { A B C } to suit dual horns and centre mount attachment bolt and painted black.  

I bought the SECOND hand VW OEM Dual Polo Horns on Ebay. search: " Volkswagen Polo dual horn 6 "

{ some on ebay come with a bracket that may or may not suit your car }. There are plenty of other VW dual horns to choose from ..

I chose the Polo because it is a smaller vehicle. ( a smaller horn size ? ). ..

Maybe also search other VW models for a dual horn .. Beetle, Passat, T-Cross, Golf etc. Audi's - Seat's etc.

I bought second hand VW OEM horns and NOT the copies or those ones with interconnecting loose wire sets. 

Also, maybe this company suits ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/vwbreakersyard

=  Bought a splitter cable. := AliExpress .. [ there are MANY ! ] . . .{ just copy and paste each item to search }
(a) " One To Two Harness Snail Horn Plug High Low Horn Cable For Polo Golf Jetta ID.4 "
(b) " For VW Santana Jetta POLO Golf 6 Jetta Bora High Low Tone Horn Cable Snail Horn Plug Connector One To Two Wiring Harness " ...
(c) "The New AUD-I Jetta New Fabia two special Line Beam Horn Polo GLOF 6 Bora Mallet modification one turn two Plug" . . .
(d) " For POLO Golf 6 MK6 Jetta Passat Audii Bora High and low tone horn cable Snail horn plug One out two harness "
(e) " For VW POLO Golf 6 Jette Bora High Low Tone Horn Cable Snail Adapter Plug One To Two Harness Cable "
=====================
:= Ebay. . . [ if you can find any stock ]
(i) " High and low tone horn cable plug One out two For POLO 2011-18 Golf 6 Jette Bora "
(ii) "Modified Harness Electrical Horn Connector Plug For Skoda VW Audi" . . .
(iii) " For VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda High Low Tone Horn Cable spiliter Harness adaptor "

= Wrapped the splitter cable wire loom in Fleece tape.

horn briskoda B 09.23.jpg

• Like 1