Sump plug

Not been used to these new plastic types of sump plugs because this is my first VW Group vehicle I'm used to the metal nut with a a rubber o-ring on my Vauxhall         tell me with this plastic type of some plugs should you change one every time you do oil change or can it be ............used a second time I'm  just curious I also find it very       scary       that my 1.5 TSI my petrol Octavia engine when it gets serviced uses 0 -20W oil just at a pure curiosity what would happen if you use 0/30 w  oil I suppose I'm getting away from the fact I was talking about the sump plug but this oil thing fascinates me I suppose some bright spark out there there always has an answer thanks guys

Your car will most likely have a metal sump and plug.

You'll probably notice very few issues if you use the wrong oil. You might not achieve the quoted emissions or consumption figures? 

Personally I'd be sticking to the correct oil if my car was under warranty.

Edited by James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale said:

Your car will most likely have a metal sump and plug.

You'll probably notice very few issues if you use the wrong oil. You might not achieve the quoted MPG or consumption figures? 

Personally I'd be sticking to the correct oil of my car was under warranty.

Oh I thought I had a plastic sump with a plastic sump plug didn't realise that mine would probably be metal I automatically assumed that it was a VW you spec engine now getting onto the oil I don't even know what spec oral I've got in the damn thing one part guy says tells me it comes from the factory with 0 30 then the first  oil change it's going to be 0 20 

12 hours ago, James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale said:

There's only the 1.8 and 2.0 that have plastic sumps.

Thanks mate I was just automatically assuming that my had a plastic so I just have a normal metal one with a normal nut to drain the oil with a washer on it I presume it would be copper or plastic rubber oil filters do I have a paper cartridge one or is it the same old metal ones just curious

13 minutes ago, James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale said:

Metal 19mm sump plug with a captive washer and a metal canister type filter.

Would you know the torque setting for the sump plug that look really help I'm presuming 20 Newton metres is it worth buying go to socket so you can put a torque wrench on it or just do it like the good old days and tight thanks bud

2 hours ago, James@RRG_Skoda_Rochdale said:

It's 30NM

Thanks mate just curious would a 74 ml oil filter removal tool be the right one I need for this oil filter cartridge I'm presuming the ones on eBay that are VW Audi seat Skoda all the same size for the filter I require I know you're going to stay hand tighten it but it doesn't hurt just use a torque wrench on one of them thank you for import

2 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@DiljitHave you decided to do your own oil changes between the Service Intervals?

Your car left the factory with 0w 20 Full Synthetic IV.  so VW 508 00

Thank you for confirming the oil yes I'm thinking of doing an oil change after 1500 miles of running in I do not believe where I got the car from they did any form of PDI the service records are all out of line nothing was set when they were supposed to set   I   because after a month of receiving the car it was telling me it had to have an oil change  i had to reset it it after reporting it to the garage which unfortunately for me is 300 miles away they were supposed to do all this back in March when they took delivery of the vehicle I bought the car on August 1st the original oil was putting the 1st of October 2019 I took delivery of the vehicle 1st of the 8th 2020 t due to their **** up the first service is not until 1st of September         this year so we are going to do a service on the oil with genuine VW Skoda parts have done 100 loads of all changes over the years       should not be a problem we won't leave a mark but thank you for this      mystery on the oil I got told it left the factory  5-30  then got told first service is going to have have 0 -20₩ thank you once again

@dijit  I really think you should do things a bit differently.

Your Warranty Started with the car being First Registered.

You had best get things sorted out by the supplying dealership.      They could have paid for an Approved Repairer so a Skoda Dealership to have things correct and you having a proper Full Service History for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1