Is mine the only VRS with Pictorius alloys ?

There were some VRS  which I think were sold by Motorpoint, from the EU, possibly,  Cyprus,  which had that or a similar non- Gemini style of wheel

Ps. Nice change from Race Blue or grey

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Led VRS said:

In 6 years Ive not seen any others.

5 hours ago, Mikebham said:

My first one had them, it was originally the dealers demo car so I didnt get to choose the options.

3 hours ago, gon said:

Mine has them too

So thats a no then ;)

And that is a nice colour :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies and pictures.

I previously had a 60 plate silver VRs hatch, went to get a new rear wiper, saw this and changed my car due to its colour and the different alloys, which are a pain to keep clean.

I did like them on mine, they were a pain to keep clean though, whereas my Geminis now don't really look bad when they're dirty. However my current octavia is white, which unlike my blue one, looks dirty easily! 

12 hours ago, Led VRS said:

Thanks for the replies and pictures.

I previously had a 60 plate silver VRs hatch, went to get a new rear wiper, saw this and changed my car due to its colour and the different alloys, which are a pain to keep clean.

One of the miniature wheel woolies (8" x 1")  would be ideal for getting between those small spokes if you dont already have one.

Been using the EZ Wheel brushes (big & small) for years now, perhaps I should treat myself as the ‘fling’ when drawing the brush back does tend to splatter the user.

I do a yearly deep clean and apply 2 coats of rim wax, perhaps this year I’ll try a sealant.

C1C0EC58-6E16-4497-91DB-C632CDB9349F.png

Its funny you say that about the EZ brushes as I have one of them and that's the exact reason I swapped to Wheel Woolies  -  also got a £3 Valet Pro brush for attacking the backs of the spokes head on.

I've traditionally used wheel wax but then 2-3 years ago tried a sealant - The first sealant turned up and the product had been damaged in transit and the applicator / cloth were covered in glass.  I was told this was due to poor packaging from manufacturer and was a common issue (at the time).  I was offered an exchange but went for a refund out of principal - hopefully those issues have been rectified.  The next sealant I tried (i can remember the brand) was a bit of a bitch to use - I followed the instructions to the dot but it was difficult to remove (there are similar stories online).  I also found that when washing the wheels the crap didn't come off as easily.  6 months later I gave them a thorough going over (Imperial Wheel Cleaner / Dragons Breath / Citrus Tar & Glue) and went back to Chemical Guys Rim Wax.

I'd say stick with your current process.