Need help in choosing the brake light bulb, skoda superb V6 2.5 TDI 2009 Mk1 model

Dear all,

Good morning. Greetings and best wishes to you all from Bangalore , India...

Logging in to this site after a long break.  Need your kind help in choosing  rearBrake light bulbs.  Since i live in Bangalore, India, i used to get all bulbs via aliexpress.  As India has banned  many websites of china including Ali express, no more imports are possible from China. So I need to source  it from UK,as Indian spec cars are similar to UK spec...

Found this in ABD website, 380 Philips Vision Plus 12V 21/5W P21/5W Bayonet Bulbs (Pair). they are ready to ship to India with additional 5 pounds shipping charge.

Does this bulb meet the Canbus requirement??, so that i don't get error in dash board!! 

If you have any other option , kindly let me know.  This bulb has bayonet ( double terminal connection), and pins are offset.  

Over and above this, i am also looking at replacing tail lamp bulbs for Skoda superb Mkl1, 2009 model 2.5 V6 TDI. kindly suggest the model number for bulb and which site provides the best canbus option and shipment to India....thanks in advance.

Regards

Prasanna

Try this Osram website. You need to enter a European car, so you should be ok with the Skoda Superb MK1. However, the Superb 2.5TDi V6 finished production in 2008.

https://www.osram.de/apps/gvlrg/en_COM

Stop Lamp

Product line
ORIGINAL P21W
Order number
ECE Category
P21W
Technical data
12.0 V 21.00 W BA15s

Tail Light
Product line
ORIGINAL P21/4W
Order number
ECE Category
P21/4W
Technical data
12.0 V 21/4 W BAZ15d

Edited by Carlston
  • Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 10:02, Carlston said:

Try this Osram website. You need to enter a European car, so you should be ok with the Skoda Superb MK1. However, the Superb 2.5TDi V6 finished production in 2008.

https://www.osram.de/apps/gvlrg/en_COM

Stop Lamp

Product line
ORIGINAL P21W
Order number
ECE Category
P21W
Technical data
12.0 V 21.00 W BA15s

Tail Light
Product line
ORIGINAL P21/4W
Order number
ECE Category
P21/4W
Technical data
12.0 V 21/4 W BAZ15d

Dear Carlston, 

Thanks a lot for your kind help.  I will use this information to order Osram ones. 

Reg the year of manufacture, the cars come to India as CKD and assembled in Indian plant.  Mine was assembled in 2009, i bought it in Feb 2010 and registered in the same month. 

even though manufacturing is over in 2008,. that model will be available in countries like ours for quite some time....Generally last cars of the model cars get deep discount too. 

To illustrate with an example, last April ( 2020)India migrated from BS 5 to BS 6 after two failed attempts in the previous year, BS6 is like Euro 6 emission norms.  The Euro 5 cars were sold at deep discount to make the inventory zero before the deadline for registration....

Thanks once again. 

1 hour ago, vprasanna said:

Reg the year of manufacture, the cars come to India as CKD and assembled in Indian plant.  Mine was assembled in 2009, i bought it in Feb 2010 and registered in the same month. 

even though manufacturing is over in 2008,. that model will be available in countries like ours for quite some time....Generally last cars of the model cars get deep discount too. 

To illustrate with an example, last April ( 2020)India migrated from BS 5 to BS 6 after two failed attempts in the previous year, BS6 is like Euro 6 emission norms.  The Euro 5 cars were sold at deep discount to make the inventory zero before the deadline for registration....

That's interesting news about the Superb being shipped over in parts and assembled in India.

In the UK, some local mayors had the Superb MK1 as their official vehicle. In India, they must be like owning a Rolls Royce.

In Europe, the Superb MK1 can suffer from rust. How are they doing in India with your slightly different climate?

• Like 1

Wetbury 63 I love the mk 1 style, its retro and bit classic than the newer ones.  We do see quite a lot of Superbs on the road here. I will try to post some photos later.  we got a new scrappage policy here in india.  so i am going to use it till it reaches 15 years , and then scrap it.  I do not wish to sell this car to any one.  I love this shape. In fact i have fallen in love with this shape as i noticed quite a lot of Mk 1 Superbs in Australia ( where i used to travel a lot).  I have seen similar trend of old Jaguars being used in cities like sydney.... 

Carlston :  hmmm about climate, my car has not suffered like rusting or anything as i live in Bangalore, which is 980 meters above mean sea level.  But my skoda went through flood ones, it was my mistake and i didnt gauge the water level on a flooded underpass, and drove straight in to it.  Water entered the engine, and Engine piston rod got bent.  I bought spares from UK, and  rebuilt the engine on my own ( i am an automobile engineer).  The Triptronic gear box failed twice ( once after the warranty period was over in 2016), and i have purchased a gear box from a insurance broken Superb Mk1 and fitted. Again the gear box failed two months ago, i've replaced it again with sourcing the gear box from  a spare parts supplier.  Here broken cars / scrapped cars parts are sold at affordable price. 

Thanks your support, i got the brake lamp bulbs replaced.  Not able to get the tail lamp, hopefully i should get it via Ebay !!!

Be cool to see some photos of Skoda in India. :) The cars will look familiar, but the environment won't!

3 hours ago, vprasanna said:

so i am going to use it till it reaches 15 years , and then scrap it

:shake: No.....don't do it. You have a better built car than the newer ones. Much, much less to go wrong too.  Don't do it :sadsmile:

On 30/01/2021 at 15:11, Westbury63 said:

The MK1 Superb is a great looking car. Sadly, they are getting to be a rare sight on UK roads.

Indeed they are.  Very few available on ebay or autotrader these days. 

I suspect many are scrapped as a result of the recent MOT emissions changes,  and many because of the cost of a new clutch and dual mass flywheel.

Doesn't really seem to be environmentally friendly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tdi1.9 said:

Indeed they are.  Very few available on ebay or autotrader these days. 

I suspect many are scrapped as a result of the recent MOT emissions changes,  and many because of the cost of a new clutch and dual mass flywheel.

Doesn't really seem to be environmentally friendly.

It's a shame. Sometimes we all need to call time on a car, but I reckon too many people are sold on the idea of a new car. Wouldn't be my choice.

From an environmental perspective, you are bang on. It takes so much energy and resources to build a new car, never mentioned in the s****y TV adverts.