FABIA se L tsi 110 Auto 67 plate stuck in mud, how to free?

riby

Automatic gears,  this has happened twice now, get stuck in mud on farm track and wheels just skid, is there a way to lock it into 'first gear ' to get some traction? I had to get the car pushed out.  When I had manual, it was easier, I just started off in 2nd gear and eased clutch out gently and off I went, but auto just spins the wheels. Of course, the more you accelerate the deeper in the mud you get! Looked in manual but don't understand the advice.

Can anyone give me a simple, easy to understand set of instructions here please?  Thanks

The DSG has a manual mode, as described in the User Manual.

Just select D as normal, push the selector to the LEFT and it is now in manual mode. Push the selector Forward or Back to select higher or lower gear. So you can pull away in second gear. The top of the centre display will show which gear is selected.

• Like 2

It will still spin the wheels and will not be in 2nd when moved to manual and put in 2nd..

In the owners manual it tell you to put off the TC to get moving when stuck in snow to get back and fore.

If there is no TC button you can not switch it off.

If the tyres are not any good for use in mud then you have spinning tyres.

Carry some mud mats, mine are open diamond pattern, I have a cord attached so they come with the car once you are moving.

Don't forget to detach them after use, they worked a treat when caravanning.

Edited by gumdrop

Hi all who replied, thank you.  I tried TerFar's tip, parked on a quiet side road, not mud,  but could only get into 1st gear, will have another try but I reckon that it's 2nd gear that I really want when stuck on mud?  I tried to move it to 2nd via the '+ ' sign on D/S but no luck.