Remap vrs diesel octavia 2017

Hi i had a AVON stage 1 remap last week (220bhp) and has anyone else getting v.poor mpg?.

Thought it should be roughly the same afterwards??.

Happy with the performance but mpg gone down from 48.8mph average to 37mpg! With the Same sort of driving, giving it some on parts but also 'normal' driving too. 

Thinking of getting it put back to standard as i do 50/60 miles a day.

Thoughts please, would this be normal

Cheers jim 

Been told that the fuel system is re setting. Full tank of fuel then should settle down and be where it should be. 

Insurance £45 extra and extra £200 excess, (gone to 300) not to bad. 

Will let you know after another week.

• Sponsor
On 01/02/2021 at 15:33, e-Roottoot said:

Not a very good remap then.

If the economy matters more than the performance best have it reverted to standard?

Did your insurance company load the premium with the car remapped?

Hi.

If you ever needed any help with insurance for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2021 at 19:28, Jimbo1971 said:

Been told that the fuel system is re setting. Full tank of fuel then should settle down and be where it should be. 

Will let you know after another week.

I dont think that I need to wait a week to recognise that sort of line :rolleyes:

I am having a remap on Thursday so I may be joining you!

no this is not right, if anything you should be getting better mileage if done correctly. obviously this is if you're not mashing the go pedal more than previous. 

as an example my journey to work was roughly 48mpg pre map, now it's running 230bhp and regularly hits 50-53 I've also done a tank to tank comparison and confirmed it's better on fuel.

• Like 1

I've no base to compare as my car was already mapped when I bought it, but I've averaged just over 45mpg in the 2k miles I've done since purchase. 40 mile each way daily commute - best has been 51.6mpg, worst 46.2mpg. Those are according to the trip computer. Overall average is due to having fun the first couple of tanks and only getting 42.4mpg 😆

If yours is manual then I'd expect you to do slightly better than me alright. I'm OK with 45mpg or anything above, came from a 32mpg BMW and had used 45mpg in my man-maths prior to purchase so I'm exactly where I expected to be and any better is just a bonus. 😉