Question regarding 2.0 tsi 190

Hello,

I ordered a superb fl with this engine in October. The car has not yet arrived. I talked to my dealer multiple times but they cant give me any more information and the whole conversation feels evasive.

What I see is that engine has been removed from all skoda configurators.

Does someone by any chance know if they can’t certify it due to the new eco norms or has ordered the same engine  and is in the same predicament?

I also noticed that the engine disappeared from the configurator, around a month ago. I ordered with the same engine in November and was given an anticipated build date of week commencing 28 February. Were you given a build week estimate?

I am thinking of buying one of these and I notice it has again disappeared from the Skoda configurator, it was there yesterday.

It is however still listed on the latest downloadable brochure.

All very strange.

22 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I am thinking of buying one of these and I notice it has again disappeared from the Skoda configurator, it was there yesterday.

It is however still listed on the latest downloadable brochure.

All very strange.

Very strange the 2.0 tsi 190 engine is showing on the configurator I’ve got..

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/

Have another look, the 2.0 TDI is there but not the 2.0TSI.

Incidentally I spoke to Skoda who agreed it wasn't there but thought it might have been taken off to change the specs and to check again after the weekend.

Edited by Hozz

11 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Have another look, the 2.0 TDI is there but not the 2.0TSI.

Incidentally I spoke to Skoda who agreed it wasn't there but thought it might have been taken off to change the specs and to check again after the weekend.

As I said the 2.0 tsi 190 shows on the configurator I’ve got...

0C5541FF-0C64-429E-B82D-18F4D85BBC9F.png

Many apologies, it is there. I think I might have inadvertently selected an SE config instead of an SEL config so that the 2.0TSI option did not show up.

Thanks for pointing out my error.

I got a word back from my dealer with some actual information finally.

Apparently, they had trouble certifying the engine. Literally as of Wednesday it is available again in all configurators.

They made some changes to the exhaust system, most probably adding an OPF as the rest of the VAG group. They say the engine would be quieter.

6 minutes ago, plukalo said:

I got a word back from my dealer with some actual information finally.

Apparently, they had trouble certifying the engine. Literally as of Wednesday it is available again in all configurators.

They made some changes to the exhaust system, most probably adding an OPF as the rest of the VAG group. They say the engine would be quieter.

The 2.0 TSI 190 already has a GPF fitted, since the change from the 2.0 TSI 180 engine.