SSD Info

Hey Octavia 3 owners. Any ideas if I can successfully connect and play media from this 500 GB SSD I have from Samsung?

Sadly I won't be able to benefit the carplay apps in the same time, but still I would like to know if possible.

Thanks for your opinion 

84B389D6-845A-411B-A94B-5B282557DC09.jpeg

13F798CC-4480-439C-B224-1043A1FD44EB.jpeg

Any chance to multiply that single USB port into at least 2? So I can benefit from carplay and still have the SSD connected in the same time? Or if there is an SD to USB adapter in order to plug the SSD into the SD slot inside the glove box? Sounds science fiction, I know 😀

The stereo doesn't support normal USB hubs.

If you do need more than one port, you'll need to retrofit a VAG specific USB hub, something like 5G0 035 953 D. You'll also need to recode the headunit, add wiring and find somewhere for the second USB port.

Certainly doable but a few SD cards is probably easier ;)

11 hours ago, dr_dumi said:

What's the maximum capacity for an SD card that the unit will accept? I just updated the navigation using a 32gb card, any higher will still work?

I have a 64GB and I know of people using 128GB.

There is apparently a limit on the number of files that the units can see - so irrespective of size, if your track count reaches a certain point it can cause problems, but I think that is a high number.