KESSY issues

Firstly, apologies if i'm posting in the wrong forum!

On my Superb III (2019), the KESSY has started playing up after a year of no issues. Essentially, locking/unlocking is random in that touching the handles sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Furthermore, i have recently noticed that the virtual boot pedal no longer works. I am unsure whether this is related to the KESSY issues or not. Could a poorly-charge car battery be the cause? I only do short journeys these days and the battery is, therefore, never properly charged. 

People are reporting that the key battery often fails after about a year,and if it's not the latest type with a motion detector it's probably energised even when you're not using the car. 

Do you have a spare key to try, to see if it's the key or the car? 

It would certainly be cheaper to replace the key battery rather than the car battery, but if that isn't getting charged regularly, a battery charger could be a good investment anyway if you can keep your car in a garage and trickle charged.

Chris

OK, so can you find a way of charging the battery up to see if that cures the problem? Go for a longer drive than normal (while staying covid-compliant)? 

Or check the battery voltage? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aciduzzo said:

Well i have a CTEK MXS 5 battery charger, but i'm not sure if i can use that on these newer car batteries. Will look into it....

I've seen that mentioned quite a few times as the one to buy, so I think it should be OK. If you make a search on Briskoda for it, you should find quite a few threads about it.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Quick update: after charging yesterday, voltage measured 12.7 and both virtual pedal and KESSY worked. However, by this morning voltage had dropped to 12.2 and virtual pedal no longer works. KESSY is again intermittent. Sounds like a warranty check is in order!  

Edited by Aciduzzo

I seem to remember seeing threads reporting a bad batch of batteries that had been fitted by Skoda. It might be worth a search on the forum to see if your is affected. If so your dealer should know about it and save you paying for a new one!

Hi aciduzzo I’ve a Skoda Karoq and I’m having the same issues with my kessy system the dealer has replaced the batteries and it was still happening they had it back in and replaced some part got it back and on the second drive in it the key not detected came up again is now back with them for the third time I did see in a post on the karoq section in October that someone had exactly the same problems and their dealership had not heard of it before but they went on to Skoda fault site and it recommended they change the locks so I’m hoping that’s what they do this time I’ve been locked out of my car twice with the keys sitting on the drivers seat as they had fallen out of my pocket luckily I wasn’t too far from home and was able to get the spare