Headlamp washers karoq portugal

Alanphe

According to Osram:

"It is a widespread fallacy that headlamp washers are only compulsory for xenon lights. This is wrong on several counts. The latest generation of xenon, the 25-Watt version, doesn't actually need one at all. Meanwhile, halogen and LED headlamps do need one if their light sources emit more than 2000 lumens. Indeed, this is required for ECE approval."

So it seems to depend on the light output, but I'm surprised Portugal should be different. Are they offered as an option perhaps?

Chris

Chris

looking online at used skodas here... I only see the superb has.... I asked the dealer yesterday and go some crazy reply about not in the country spec.... nope it was not an option

i sent an email to Skoda asking... see what they say next week

Looking at the pictures of Karoqs on the Skoda Portugal website, they seem to be shown on the Karoq Scout, but not the Sportline. I would have thought they have the same headlights, so it must be a cosmetic thing where they think the Scout should have them because it is more likely to get mucky headlights? 

VW often couple them with heated seats, but perhaps it's too warm where you are to need them!