Fabia 1.4 tdi exhaust fumes in car when stationary

nia573

Got a 2010 Skoda fabia 1.4 tdi. I've noticed the past couple of days after starting the car there's a faint smell of exhaust fumes. The exhaust seems to be ok & not blowing.
The car passed an mot last Thursday.
I know I need to change the pollen filter but I don't think that  would prevent the fumes?
Is there anything else I can check? Any particular weak spots?

car seems to drive as normal with no apparent noises
I know before the mot I checked the oil. Is there supposed to be an O ring on the orange handle of the dipstick to seal inside the guide  tube? There doesn't seem to be fumes eminating from here,  but I'm just trying to rule it out
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies

Ill get my mechanic to put it up on a ramp to investigate the EGR & manifold etc

Theres no apparent exhaust leak sounds that I can hear in the engine bay & no obvious splits in hoses etc

I was just checking with the dipstick as I wasnt sure if I saw an O ring on the handle, but it does seem to seal snugly & isnt loose