Using Apple Play on a Karoq

Robstubb

I have a Karoq SEL on order and have an enquiry about the Apply Play connectivity. 

I've not used Apply Play before (i have an iphone 8) and have got different answers from Skoda to these queries 

- will Apple Play work work wirelessly with the car (via Bluetooth) ?

- I was told I'd have to connect Apple play with a wire - but does the car have a  USB A or C plug -- should I buy a lighting to USB  (A or C?) to be ready to use it when i collect the car ?

- any other points  that weren't obvious on how to use the Infotainment/Skoda Connect system - Ive watched some videos so have got the gist of what they offer 

Thanks for any help ,Rob 

MY21 Karoqs have USB-C ports, and my Android phone uses Android Play via Bluetooth. I'm pretty sure that Apples will as well. 

But perhaps you'd find it worthwhile downloading the owner's manual to check there?? 

It's at: ŠKODA Owner's Manuals (skoda-auto.com)

Chris

Both the brochure and the owner's manual state Apple Carplay is wireless (and I hope it's true). Cars built after around September 2020 (wiser forumites might know more exact date) have the updated interior with USB-C

• 2 weeks later...

It works like a charm. I use Spotify and since the Car Play is wireless I don't have to touch anything and my music starts playing right away when I get in the car.

Also there is some integration between Apple Maps and the VC - I can set a route on Apple Maps and then I get the arrows and instructions in the VC using the standard VC navigation interface from Skoda (so may be you need to buy VC + Amundsen with navigation for it to work). Considering how cra... subpar the Skoda navigation is compared to Apple Maps or Google Maps, this integration with Car Play is quite refreshing and useful to see.

IMG_0967.jpg

• Like 1