2010 mk2 fabia Bluetooth upgrade

Hi all, 

Recently purchased a 2010 mk2 fabia. It has the basic Dance stereo. I am looking for options regarding a Bluetooth upgrade. On a very skinny budget so not bothered about SatNav, Android auto would be a bonus but not essential. 

Thanks in advance

Should have added.

VW OEM from other regions, it has Bluetooth/ Aux/ USB/ Android auto and Carplay, and is a straight swap.

Radio lacks RDS so retuning necessary on long journeys which could be a pain, but that's about the only downside.

It also shows the factory Parking sensors or you can wire in a rear view camera quite easily

Get a noname genuine RCD330 and you can easily upgrade firmware to add the android auto, so not worth paying a premium for.

Not too bothered about dab to be honest. It's mainly for the Bluetooth and possibly android auto use. Anything for a bit of modernisation, it would appear to be the base model from 2010 so electric front windows is the cherry on top for this car 🤣

If you want bluetooth you can get one of those fm transmitters. I've got two that I got off of aliexpress a few years ago and they still work great now. I use them in both fabias. Only thing is you should disconnect them when you leave the car as the cigarette lighter is always on in these cars.

Ended up getting an aux transmitter seems to work fine. Just back to your comment about the 12V always being on DieselMonte, is there a way to make it so this is not the case. Insurance want me to fit a tracking thing through the 12V and leave it in there, surely this will just drain my battery? 

• Like 1

anything left ON will drain the battery..................the difference is how quick V how big the "load" is of whatever is left on.

As an example, My dash camera will drain my Fabia in about 10 days if left plugged in.

So if you know the current draw of the item, you can approx work it out.

PS insurance "want" you to fit ? or is it a requirement of your current policy ?

• Like 1

Sadly a requirement for around 3 months. But I'm sure I'll get over it 😁. It's a 1.2 60bhp, there's not a lot I can do with it anyway 🙈

Driving the car 5/7 days there's not a lot of chance for it to go flat. 

• Like 1

Is it a tracker that goes into the obd port? Its a plug above the footwell area. If its one of those then Usually it has a sleep mode. Smarter fm transmitters and aux transmitters might have their own sleep modes but they use very little power anyways, I just take it out as a precaution. I have an obdII reader that I keep in my monte carlo all the time, I never take it out. It hasnt drained the battery as it has a sleep mode. It is honestly a non-issue.

Edit: You'd be surprised what trouble you can get into with 60 hp.

Edited by DieselMonte