MIB1 infotainment screen is dying

My Octavia Elegance 2013 has and Amundsen MIB1 infotainment whose screen is dying. There are several dead pixels on the screen which I noticed they are increasing (below photo). Is it possible to change only the LCD (not the screen)? or better question is the LCD available to buy (if it is available I can replace it. myself)? The screen itself is available to buy, however the price is very high and it is not really worth it as it is almost the oldest infotainment system for Octavia, and I am planning to change to newer model after a while which I could save a bit more.

mib1_display.png

4 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that. It is the whole unit though and the price for the screen only is higher than my budget. Thanks btw.

If I can find the LCD, I can change it myself.

• Like 1

£60 is cheaper than eBay's prices for the display. You can probably list the headunit with your old display and sell it for £60+ making the repair free :D

If you do want to just replace just the LCD panel, I think it'll be this: https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/parts-8/oem-lcd-navigation-display-7inch-for/

Based on the C058GVT03 part number, it's ~£90 with shipping on eBay or ~£30 with shipping on Aliexpress.

Before you order anything, you really should take the display apart and check exactly what part number the LCD panel has... :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, langers2k said:

£60 is cheaper than eBay's prices for the display. You can probably list the headunit with your old display and sell it for £60+ making the repair free :D

If you do want to just replace just the LCD panel, I think it'll be this: https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/parts-8/oem-lcd-navigation-display-7inch-for/

Based on the C058GVT03 part number, it's ~£90 with shipping on eBay or ~£30 with shipping on Aliexpress.

Before you order anything, you really should take the display apart and check exactly what part number the LCD panel has... :thumbup:

As sound as what langers2k says B) I would not buy the screen from www.cars-equipment.com as they like to bump people a fair bit, depends on how the owner is feeling I suppose :@

5 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Wow £90 for a LCD! Thanks for the information. Very useful information on part number

2 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

As sound as what langers2k says B) I would not buy the screen from www.cars-equipment.com as they like to bump people a fair bit, depends on how the owner is feeling I suppose :@

yeah, if want to pay that amount for a LCD, I would change my MIB1 to a newer version

Although I have used cars equipment previously without issue, the link was only included to show how I came by the part number :)

Out of the options, Aliexpress would be my choice to buy a replacement assuming it's the correct part :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1