Push button to start the engine

Hi, I'm sorry if this topic has been answered but I didn't find any.

I have a Skoda Fabia 3 2019 and start the car with a pushbutton.

Just wondering if its normal that the battery in the key working 3-5 month and then need to be replaced?

Skoda here said that its normal because of the functions in the car? But I think something is wrong.

3 hours ago, nakti said:

Hi, I'm sorry if this topic has been answered but I didn't find any.

I have a Skoda Fabia 3 2019 and start the car with a pushbutton.

Just wondering if its normal that the battery in the key working 3-5 month and then need to be replaced?

Skoda here said that its normal because of the functions in the car? But I think something is wrong.

Decent branded batteries in the key fob last quite a long while. My Duracell CR2025 bought from amazon nov 2019 is still going strong at the moment.

Cheaper ones you may have lying around often only last a couple of months or sometimes even less, i had some energiser ones which didn't even last a single journey before suddenly dying completely.

CR2025's seem to be a very mixed bag but people have had good experiences with the Duracell ones, some grab em from Amazon, some from supermarkets etc.

• Like 1

Some battery brands don't last very long. I have had Duracel that have lasted about 9 months which I bought from their online website. If the battery dies on you push the key fob against the stop/start button that will get you going. I usually carry a  couple spare batteries in the car. Joe

• Like 2

Vehicles with keyless starting are heavier on the key batteries because the key responds to the vehicle transmitting a signal by transmitting Back. This occurs periodically whilst you are driving, whereas a normal ignition key transmits to unlock/ lock the vehicle but the signal from the immobiliser transponder in the key is powered by an induced voltage.

Edited by Andymod
  • Like 2

Some of the fob batteries are in child safety bubbles which are bad enough to get into at home. May be partially open one so you can get the battery out the seal it with clingfilm and store it safely in the car for emergency, just a thought :) Joe 

I think the car gives a warning when battery is low, but it only flashes up for about second on the little screen between speedo and rev counter, if you are not looking at the instruments when you start, it’s very easy to miss especially if look at button instead when pressing it

Avoid cheap batteries, will only last few weeks/months

The best batteries such as Duracell (with 50% more power) will last nearer 2 years.  

Keyless start pings a signal at intervals so uses more battery than remotes where you press a button, whose batteries can last 5+ years

Edited by SurreyJohn

Το ίδιο πρόβλημα 2-3 μήνες αλλαγή  μπαταρίας  κλειδιού .

Η αντιπροσωπεία  άλλαξε  με δύο  νέα  κλειδιά  και μετά  από 9 μήνες το ένα κλειδί ξανά  αλλαγή  μπαταρίας  

1 minute ago, Baggelhs said:

Το πρόβλημα πρόσβαση 2-3 ερωτήσεις βιβλία κλειδιού.

Η εφαρμογή πείαξεξε με τα νέα προσεκτικά και μετά από 9 μηνύματα στο διαχωρισμένο διάχρονες χρωματικές  

Κακή  μετάφραση  μάλλον  ίδιο  πρόβλημα  με το κλειδί  θέμα  με τη μπαταρία κλειδί 

I used to work for a really large car rental company before the covid crisis and within the cars younger than 2 years (with keyless starting) we had problem with the key fob battery once, so in my experience the lifespan should be at least 2 years.

Anyway. I don´t understand how someone can come to the British forum and start to write in Greek or any other language. I have seen it here there with Polish, Spanish... Disgusting. English is not my first language either but I would not ever have such a stupid idea (or to be so arrogant) and to use my first or second language on British forum. If you don´t speak English than use a translator and don´t force people to use it because YOU don't speak the language used here, not them!