FABIA 3 2018 CAN GATEWAY LOCATION

Hi all I've had my Dec 2018 Fabia apart today trying to find the can gateway module J513 but I can't find it and the manual doesn't seem to be much use there is nothing where it says it is as in the Photo ....1893422013_Screenshot2021-03-12at18_31_49.thumb.png.da784f014227e125b6f940b43cc7ce67.png

On 21/03/2021 at 00:03, A4NOY said:

Its not the old port I'm after its the can gateway module J519...

J519 is the onboard control unit, this is found just below where the drivers side vent is.

You can see it from below the dashboard and also see it by removing the vent, light switch and side panel where the door jams.

image.thumb.png.b6f2349aaa295dae3d1cd04e2e97d2a5.png

The module is positioned upside down and held in place by some clips near the top of the holder.

Thanks for that ... the wires im after for CAN -E  extended can aren't in that module do you know where the J533 can-gateway module is as I can't find that ether...

Hi yes its a mirror image for rhd .. the problem is that my car is a very late 2018 car with the latest facelift bodywork so a few things have moved.. the pic and headlight range modules are not were the factory manual says which is why I can't find the can module J533..

4 hours ago, A4NOY said:

Hi yes its a mirror image for rhd .. the problem is that my car is a very late 2018 car with the latest facelift bodywork so a few things have moved.. the pic and headlight range modules are not were the factory manual says which is why I can't find the can module J533..

I assume you'll need an updated wiring diagram, this also includes fitting locatios.

You can purchase them for a flat rate at the skoda erwin portal;

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

Navigate to "Vehicle Specific Information" and you will be required to pay a flat rate for 1hr access, input your vin then click Individual Vehicle Information > Repair information > Select your model > Circuit Diagram > Download the "Basic Equipment form July 2018"

Just furthering this conversation, curiosity killed me.

I got the July 2018 onwards wiring diagram, J533 is where you pointed it out in the first post.

However, this is equipment dependant, some "basic equipment" setups have the J533 built into the J519 module.

To help you out more, we will need the PR codes for your car. this can be found also in erwin after paying the flat fee and entering your vin > Vehicle specific information > Vehicle data.

It will look something like this;

image.png.8306b67ec4e80a2689243c67305a97e0.png

What exactly do you need access to the Extended Canbus for? There is other locations where you can hook in if you can't seem to find this module.

Edited by stevob21

Hi, its definitely not in the glovebox area... I would like to fit TPMS which needs to be connected to can-e extended can ... I just find it better than the abs system .. at least it will tell me when its loosing air as they don't have a spare wheel... I will try to download the manual from Erwin chassis number dependent ..I think its part of the J519 BCM . thanks for your help..

17 hours ago, A4NOY said:

Hi, its definitely not in the glovebox area... I would like to fit TPMS which needs to be connected to can-e extended can ... I just find it better than the abs system .. at least it will tell me when its loosing air as they don't have a spare wheel... I will try to download the manual from Erwin chassis number dependent ..I think its part of the J519 BCM . thanks for your help..

Based on the guess that you have a car with "Basic equipment" and the J533 module built into the BCM, you can still get Can Extended from the J519 module.

As you can see below, Pin 41 and Pin 40 on the T73c connector are CAN extended.

Be warned, your best bet is to get the wiring diagram and study it 3 times over. one misplaced wire could fry one of the main modules for your car.

Also, compare the PR numbers like I mentioned before to the numbers in the wiring diagram.

image.thumb.png.29259143ee00cbd54987deb38c85b231.png

image.thumb.png.bdf7665f85cc510503519c6a7469d986.png

image.thumb.png.36a82b05d190501c26fd8f017d8736ee.png

Hi , yes I'm sure you're correct.. I did look at wiring into plug C which won't be easy as the loom is only just long enough to reach the BCM and the plugs are on the back... but you've confirmed what I thought.. thanks

5 hours ago, A4NOY said:

Hi , yes I'm sure you're correct.. I did look at wiring into plug C which won't be easy as the loom is only just long enough to reach the BCM and the plugs are on the back... but you've confirmed what I thought.. thanks

I found the best way to access the wiring is to actually fully remove the driver seat, I have retrofitted automatic lights to my late 2015 Monte by adding wiring to the BCM.

You also get a little more movement once you have removed the connectors from their casing (there is two plastic clips you can pry open and slide the connectors out) - There is 2 connector blocks in the casing for T73c.

Edited by stevob21