REAR INDICATOR LIGHT UPGRADE SUGGESTION

Did anyone here upgrade their rear indicator light bulb to LED? Can anyone suggest me any LED 1.4tsi 67plate. I don't know why SKODA didn't upgrade their rear indicator light bulb when they made change front and rear to LED.

i just found a set of canbus friendly ones on ebay. Didn't need to do any messing with resistors or coding. Just plug and play.

The purchase history doesn't go back far enough on ebay for me to put a link to them I'm afraid.

The only bulbs which aren't LED's on my car are the door mirror puddle lights

7 minutes ago, tunedude said:

i just found a set of canbus friendly ones on ebay. Didn't need to do any messing with resistors or coding. Just plug and play.

The purchase history doesn't go back far enough on ebay for me to put a link to them I'm afraid.

The only bulbs which aren't LED's on my car are the door mirror puddle lights

there are many to be found but how well is yours? are they still working good without any fault code thrown to the dash? Did you also change the front fog light to LED? did you change it by yourself? I wish I could change them to LED too.

1 minute ago, automass said:

there are many to be found but how well is yours? are they still working good without any fault code thrown to the dash? Did you also change the front fog light to LED? did you change it by yourself? I wish I could change them to LED too.

Never any errors on mine. I made sure to buy them off a UK based seller and with proper feedback.

They've never thrown any errors up and they've never turbo flashed.

I've changed the front fogs on mine to LED's myself yes. This does require recoding though, so if you wanted to do it, you'd need someone with a VCDS or similar tool to do it.

2 minutes ago, tunedude said:

Never any errors on mine. I made sure to buy them off a UK based seller and with proper feedback.

They've never thrown any errors up and they've never turbo flashed.

I've changed the front fogs on mine to LED's myself yes. This does require recoding though, so if you wanted to do it, you'd need someone with a VCDS or similar tool to do it.

I've OBD11. What coding do I have to do if you can give me step by step guideline. More importantly where did you get those LED bulbs from, if you have a link please.

like I say I got the bulbs on ebay, but I can't direct you to the specific ones as I can't go that far back in the purchase history.

I use VCDS so the menus are different on OBD11. The instructions may be similar to those found on top of the MK3 main page. 

I have LEDs in turn signals (rear as well as front) bought from Aliexpress and they are working for 3 years now without failure. I had to change one bulb in the rear, because some chips stopped working and the car showed an error. Reached the seller, purchased another pair and got one bulb for free. Since then, no errors, bulbs are working fine. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32804323307.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d8L1GW4

• Thanks 1

I remember buying something from aliexpress but it didn't work for octavia 1.6tdi (my previous car). Does anyon know what is the rear turning bulb for 1.4TSI 2017 (split headlight)?

I have opened up the rear light..it seems reverse light (if it is P21W) is LED and rest of the two PY21W and H21W are normal Bulbs..I will change both to LEDs. What is H21W light for though?

Hi BATVANVRS,

is that bulb py21w same size as the original stock bulb or longer. I am wondering whether it will fit in the slot in terms of length.

1 minute ago, automass said:

Hi BATVANVRS,

is that bulb py21w same size as the original stock bulb or longer. I am wondering whether it will fit in the slot in terms of length.

The PY21w is a straight swap, fit like for like but the new LED style if I remember correctly are slightly longer in length but they should still fit ok.

• Thanks 1