Traffication App

JonVonWeston

Hi all

I received notification of a new infotainment app called traffication. Anyone had any experience of it? Seems to be limited to Columbus head units at this time and coming to other units later this year. I'm Just installing it so I'll see what the difference is

https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/new-skoda-traffication-infotainment-app

Jon

Edited by JonVonWeston
Updating link

I added it a while back, not sure what it will give me but it is free at the moment, will be a cost option at some point though.

John

1 hour ago, jjc said:

I added it a while back, not sure what it will give me but it is free at the moment, will be a cost option at some point though.

John

From the description it seems to warn you if you are driving down a road against the traffic flow. It mentions entering motorways to join the wrong carriageway... wonder if it also covers one way streets? 

Chris

“It is available for vehicles equipped with the top infotainment systems based on the third-generation Modular Infotainment Matrix.” I have Columbus on my 2018 Edition - is that third generation? 

14 hours ago, GladysFriday said:

“It is available for vehicles equipped with the top infotainment systems based on the third-generation Modular Infotainment Matrix.” I have Columbus on my 2018 Edition - is that third generation? 

No that will be the 2nd generation MIB2. MIB3 systems were introduced in the Karoq for MY21 cars (post summer 2020).

• 1 month later...

Now it I gone from Connect Shop, yet infotainment keeps notifying whenever you start car that there is update for the app and it must be downloaded. Skoda quality... Superb iV 2020 (January) was the first one with MIB3 and boy does this thing still lag, crash, hang, throw errors even after nearly 1.5 years. 

Edited by jpalo