Adaptive Cruise/Lane control warning lamp showing fail after initial start - OK after re-start

Recently the warning lamp fro ACC has shown amber with a question mark and the ACC and, also the lane control which I don't use, both do not work.  After a restart the boot up process seems to work ok and the car behaves normally for the rest of the day. In the last month and a half this fault has become intermitent, occuring on some days not others.  A couple of days at the dealers confirmed that this is a known fault but it has to be referred to Skoda technical as  solution as apparently not been found yet.  So far I've been waiting a month so was wondering if anyone has this fault or better a solution for a fix? 

Thats interesting, the fault started when we had some cold(-2 C) weather. Since then it has retained the fault intermittently.

Did they have to change both left levers because they come as a unit and did that cure the problem?

OBDeleven had stored the fault codes:

From control unit 13 Adaptive cruise control:
U112300 Database error value received
U112200 Databus implausible message

From control unit 01 Engine:
U112300 Databus error value received
P056800 Cruise control set signal

I have also had this issue, always worked after switching ignition off and on again. Raised it with dealer at last service no stored codes and did reluctantly say they had heard "some stories" about the issue but couldn't offer a solution. Sounds a bit like the fiasco of the MKII airbag warning light issue, I got fobbed off for years whilst the American VW forums were full of comments and solutions. Due to their "lemon laws" they were getting free repairs years after the cars were out of warranty. 

Have you got any links to the VW Forum threads to see what solutions they came up with. In my case the dealer found fault codes listed but did not have an answer saying they would refer it to Skoda Technical.  They did say it was a known issue.

Also whats a "lemom Law"?

Sorry not sure if you are referring to the ACC or airbag issue. Google VW airbag warning light loads of posts, it's a couple of years since I looked. The majority of problems are the yellow 3 wire connector under the driver's seat. It has a spring loaded connection so can momentarily break the connection ( triggering the airbag warning light) when the seat is moved stretching the cables or if the connector is in some way jolted or disturbed. Initial fix, not always successful, was a replacement longer cable. Simplest fix is cut out the connector and solder wires. Take precautions to avoid airbag deployment. 

US "Lemon laws offer remedies that exceed the scope of a vehicle manufacturer's warranty" see wikipedia.   

Edited by GreenMachine1.6
clarity