"Dynamic" indicators

The link I had to the ones I bought ages ago doesn't work anymore.

But these ones appear to have a little clear plastic reflector bit on the end for the driver's view. Maybe these would work.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-Dynamic-LED-Side-Repeater-Mirror-Indicator-light-For-Skoda-Octavia-5E-MK3-/313735308504?hash=item490c14e4d8

• Like 1

Hmmm, possibly. Would like to be a bit more sure before ordering, have contacted the seller. In 1 picture it seems there's clear plastic at the tip, but in another the light-strip seems to end abrubptly with a black piece of plastic blocking the light. Will wait for the sellers answer. Thanks for the link, no matter the outcome! :)

Me too.  I have the same problem - caught the extreme tip of the repeater strip on the garage door-frame and shattered it - doh!  Mine is the pre-FL model.  SuperSkoda only seem to offer the Audi dynamic jobby that they claim is suitable for all Mk IIIs and I was quite happy to go for that, but the comments on here imply that it may not be MOT compliant.  So I would also be very grateful if anyone can point me towards a satisfactory replacement.

I have these ones from Aliexpress  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32915235840.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.253b70b8rvnpVk  Shop called JOGON Motorsports store.

Fitted them January 2019. Passed two MOTs since then with them and they've performed faultlessly. Cost me £47 back then as well !

17 hours ago, silverden said:

I have these ones from Aliexpress  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32915235840.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.253b70b8rvnpVk  Shop called JOGON Motorsports store.

Fitted them January 2019. Passed two MOTs since then with them and they've performed faultlessly. Cost me £47 back then as well !

Asked an AliExpress seller who sells this brand and they advised the JOGON model is not visible from inside (little square in the mirror).

• Like 1

Did some research on this and looked at the @SashaGrace indicator replacement (below), I noticed that there is a brand watermark on the indicator (GRD).

Therefore, I looked for that and I ordered one from here: 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33016711481.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.74a94c4dxpiCuZ

Will let you know how it goes when it arrives 🙃

Edited by Vahids
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vahids said:

Asked an AliExpress seller who sells this brand and they advised the JOGON model is not visible from inside (little square in the mirror).

The ones I have are clearly visible from inside.

21 hours ago, silverden said:

The ones I have are clearly visible from inside.

It appears the have changed the product. The Youtube vid also shows it's visible from inside, but doesn't seem to match with what they're often selling now.

Edited by erikoctavia

On 28/11/2021 at 09:50, NZ100 said:

SuperSkoda ones are fine, had no problems with them. 

You had no problems with them. But are they visible from inside and from the back? Is the little square visibly blinking as well? Because the ones I got from SuperSkoda are not visible from behind/inside and the little square is just black instead of blinking.

Anyway, will wait for Vahid's experience and will wait for the ebay-seller that I contacted response

Edited by erikoctavia

20 minutes ago, erikoctavia said:

You had no problems with them. But are they visible from inside and from the back? Is the little square visibly blinking as well? Because the ones I got from SuperSkoda are not visible from behind/inside and the little square is just black instead of blinking.

Anyway, will wait for Vahid's experience and will wait for the ebay-seller that I contacted response

I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully it is the same brand people used to use and reported it is fine (and also the one in the youtube).

@erikoctaviaregarding the ebay link you sent, it does not seem to fit Octavia! The shape is look like the ones for Superb!

Edited by Vahids

1 hour ago, erikoctavia said:

I tried both clear and smoked, both showed up by mirror. I found the Ali ones didn't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vahids said:

@erikoctaviaregarding the ebay link you sent, it does not seem to fit Octavia! The shape is look like the ones for Superb!

I did not post the ebay-URL ( https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-Dynamic-LED-Side-Repeater-Mirror-Indicator-light-For-Skoda-Octavia-5E-MK3-/313735308504 ) by the way, it was Iway. But are you sure it's not for Octavia?

PS: how did you end up from GRD (nice find in that video by the way!) to finding that aliexpress URL? It's not metioned in the text.

50 minutes ago, erikoctavia said:

I did not post the ebay-URL ( https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-Dynamic-LED-Side-Repeater-Mirror-Indicator-light-For-Skoda-Octavia-5E-MK3-/313735308504 ) by the way, it was Iway. But are you sure it's not for Octavia?

PS: how did you end up from GRD (nice find in that video by the way!) to finding that aliexpress URL? It's not metioned in the text.

Maybe it is (I just judge by the photo), but the image they use seems different to me.

They have the GRD on their boxes for the indicator as far as I noticed that time, and also the type of the plastic and its colour what quite similar. Although you never know until you get it 😬

HTB1QXtBVkzoK1RjSZFlq6yi4VXaU.jpg

Edited by Vahids
  • Like 1

Is that the clear version? My Superskoda / Kopacek one is the smoked version and looks like this, there's just a piece of black plastic at the end, blocking all the light. They told me clear version was the same, otherwise I would have tried that one.

superskoda1.jpg

superskoda2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@erikoctaviaThat's actually me. Not happy with the build quality tbh. It looks very cheap! And the customer service is close the worst! The light is not bad though. It is completely visible from the back and fairly visible from inside. I managed to install them today, please see the attached videos!

• Like 1