Skoda MkII Kessy and Fuel tank flap lock issues

My 2013 Superb Mk II has had the dreaded Kessy fault for ages now and Ive decided its easier to live with it as chase a fix, but now I'm finding that my Fuel cap flap sometimes  won't unlock along with the doors using the Key Fob unlock button, it seems to work after a procedure of opening the door, starting the engine, switching the engine off again and then pressing the button.

Anybody else had this issue or found a fix?

Thanks.

To @blood - I have no Problem with "Kessy" but the fuel cap randomly stays locked when unlock the Car. This is known Problem with fuel cap lock mechanism. It need to be changed with the new one. I find that, on locked Car if I press few times gently on the fuel cap where exact is the lock mechanism, this lock mechanism moves few Milimeters on every press and after that when I unlock the Car the fuel cap opens normally. But this is short-term solution..

4 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

Wonder if it could be related to a broken drivers door loom. Purely a guess. VCDS scan logged anything?

How do I VCDS scan it?

The spindle in the lock mechanism for the filler flap gets stuck over time. As @tuningmania
points out, you can get it to release if you press gently on the lock while cycling the lock button on the remote.

There's no need to change the lock, just put some oil on it and work it open and shut a few times to get the oil into the moving parts. 3-in-1 oil is a good option for this.

• Thanks 1

To @chimaera -

11 minutes ago, chimaera said:

press gently on the lock while cycling the lock button on the remote

When the Problem with fuel cap appear for the first time on my Car, I try to press gently fuel cap after I unlock the Car but fuel cap stays locked. I try again and again in the same way and the fuel cap opens on 5th or 10th attempt. I use this method few months before I realize that there is no logic when the fuel cap opens. After that I start to gently press the fuel cap only when the Car is fully locked, without lock/unlock and by this method the fuel cap opens every time :)

29 minutes ago, chimaera said:

The spindle in the lock mechanism for the filler flap gets stuck over time. As @tuningmania
points out, you can get it to release if you press gently on the lock while cycling the lock button on the remote.

There's no need to change the lock, just put some oil on it and work it open and shut a few times to get the oil into the moving parts. 3-in-1 oil is a good option for this.

Hi.

Thanks for that. i'll give it a try tomorrow and let you all know if it works :)

11 minutes ago, tuningmania said:

To @chimaera -

When the Problem with fuel cap appear for the first time on my Car, I try to press gently fuel cap after I unlock the Car but fuel cap stays locked. I try again and again in the same way and the fuel cap opens on 5th or 10th attempt. I use this method few months before I realize that there is no logic when the fuel cap opens. After that I start to gently press the fuel cap only when the Car is fully locked, without lock/unlock and by this method the fuel cap opens every time :)

5 minutes ago, blood said:

Went and tried pressing a fraction of a second before pressing the unlock button, and yes it seems to open each time I tried it.

1 hour ago, tuningmania said:

To @chimaera -

I've dismantled the lock on mine to see what's going on inside. There's a part in there that sort of hooks in place, and if the mechanism isn't lubricated, it doesn't release by itself when the solenoid fires. Pressing in on the lock relieves the pressure and it unlocks, but it's a bit tricky to find just the right amount of pressure.

What you're actually doing when you keep pressing on it is finding that sweet spot and letting it unlock. There's no way the design can be wound out the way you describe.

Since I put some oil in mine a few years ago, it has never gotten stuck.

• Thanks 1

I have also have had to dismantle the lock mechanism to lubricate it. After this several years ago the fault has not returned. What problem do you have with kessy? I probably got short in a door loom that took out a fuisable link in the controller.  It still gives an error open circuit for that antenna. The loom is fixed, just have to take the controller apart and replace the 0.22 Ohm fusible link.