deodourising spray / solution?

hebdenwill

hi all,

I've recently bought a decent Fabia estate but sadly it smells a bit smoky - not terrible but it is noticeable. I bought a bottle of Astonish car upholstery cleaner in the shop the other day and my girlfriend and I gave the headliner and some of the seats a going over - spray, rub in, dab out, dab dry with cloth. That definitely helped a fair bit but the smell was noticeable again today after the car had been parked in the sun. I noticed the steering wheel smelt particularly bad, so I thought maybe all the 'hard' materials would need a good clean over. Of course I'll do all the fabrics again properly when I get a chance.

Can anyone suggest a product / home mixed product that's effective to spray over the plastics then scrub / wipe off? I thought I might try a solution of washing detergent and warm water, spray everything, then wipe with a clean cloth and leave to air dry. The upholstery stuff was somewhat effective but I'm not sure whether to use it on the plastics.

Any tried and true ideas please let me know 

I've previously had good results with ValetPro Odour Enzyme Eater, comes as a concentrate so just needs to be diluted down in a sprayer with water

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well everyone, after a couple of weeks I'm happy to say that the ValetPro enzyme odour eater has more or less totally removed the smoke smell from the car, with one application! I'm very pleased with how well it worked

• Like 2