Engine codes

I have bought a Spaceback SE sport which says it's a 1.0 TSI on most of the paperwork but on the used vehicle order it says it's a 1.2 Tsi the engine code is CHZC. Can anyone confirm what engine it is.

I've had both and have a 1.0 now. 

After nearly 4 years I still regret trading the 1.2 for it.

There must have been some underlying EU reason for VW, Ford and others to build these crappy torque-free 1.0 triples but nearly all of the ones I've driven have been utterly hopeless.

Edited by camelspyyder

The 1.2 is a sweet engine. Around 2 years ago I was wanting to part with mine, I'm keeping it for the foreseeable future now and at £30 VED what's not to like.

Edited by MickA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MickA said:

The 1.2 is a sweet engine. Around 2 years ago I was wanting to part with mine, I'm keeping it for the foreseeable future now and at £30 VED what's not to like.

It is by far the best 4 cylinder I ever had. Smooth, quick, rather more powerful than the book 105PS (102HP) figure, surprisingly torquey, and a lovely drive all round.

And the shortlived 16V one was supposed to be even better.

Edited by camelspyyder

I agree with camelspyyder that the 1.2 is a superior engine to the 1.0 . Having stated that the 1.0 is a fine engine just a little rougher round the edges compared to the 1.2. I recently gave the 1.0 Toledo to my daughter (who loves it) and bought a Suzuki Baleno with a 1.0 boosterjet engine. Not much difference between the 1.0 TSI and boosterjet engines in my opinion. Perhaps the boosterjet is slightly more linear in performance.

On 16/04/2021 at 08:31, Robbydazzler said:

I agree with camelspyyder that the 1.2 is a superior engine to the 1.0 . Having stated that the 1.0 is a fine engine just a little rougher round the edges compared to the 1.2. I recently gave the 1.0 Toledo to my daughter (who loves it) and bought a Suzuki Baleno with a 1.0 boosterjet engine. Not much difference between the 1.0 TSI and boosterjet engines in my opinion. Perhaps the boosterjet is slightly more linear in performance.

Out of interest, what do you think of your Suzuki Baleno overall? 

7 hours ago, CS45 said:

Out of interest, what do you think of your Suzuki Baleno overall? 

I loved the Rapid/Toledo (I had 4) and only gave the Seat to my daughter because she needed a car with plenty of room. Having both retired my wife and I only really need one car and we dicussed what our motoring needs were and we bought a Suzuki S Cross. The Suzuki Baleno was bought really to just cater for the 3 occasions each year where we require two cars ! The Toledo and Baleno have a lot in common as they are both criticised for having " hard plastic", have plenty of room inside, are lively , comfortable and economical, but were not popular. The Toledo definately has the superior interior and more space and I would say that the Baleno has similar room to the Fabia. The Baleno , however, is more fun to drive and has a strange charm of its own. In some ways the Baleno reminds me of a car of yesteryear in the way it drives. It was amazing value for money and has a torque converter auto with paddles and can be driven like a formula 1 car if you want. It is very light and very perky. So far it has been totally reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbydazzler said:

I loved the Rapid/Toledo (I had 4) and only gave the Seat to my daughter because she needed a car with plenty of room. Having both retired my wife and I only really need one car and we dicussed what our motoring needs were and we bought a Suzuki S Cross. The Suzuki Baleno was bought really to just cater for the 3 occasions each year where we require two cars ! The Toledo and Baleno have a lot in common as they are both criticised for having " hard plastic", have plenty of room inside, are lively , comfortable and economical, but were not popular. The Toledo definately has the superior interior and more space and I would say that the Baleno has similar room to the Fabia. The Baleno , however, is more fun to drive and has a strange charm of its own. In some ways the Baleno reminds me of a car of yesteryear in the way it drives. It was amazing value for money and has a torque converter auto with paddles and can be driven like a formula 1 car if you want. It is very light and very perky. So far it has been totally reliable.

Sounds good! The reason I asked is because, as you said, they seem to have a lot in common, so I was interested to see how a Rapid/Toledo owner would find it. Cheers for the response.