Skoda Superb Mk III L&K

Hello all,

My first post here. I'm due to see/test drive a 67 plate Skoda Superb Mk III L&K 2.0 TDI 148 7 Speed DSG tomorrow. Due to Covid etc, I've not yet been able to see/test one just yet. However I've wasted way too many hours on line combing through auto trader and reading reviews trying to understand trim specs etc.

I'm moving from a '12 plate Audi A3, due to the need for a bigger car.

The Car I'm viewing is an ex-fleet car, so I would expect the service history to be on the money. The company listing it 'Carsa' offer a 115 point check, even detailing down to millimeter stone chips. The vehicle is being moved from Southampton to Mountsorrell for me to view tomorrow.

As a first time potential Skoda buyer, is there anything I should be looking out for, above and beyond the normal knocks, bangs or steering pulling when driving?

I appreciate your replies.

front.jpg

Try to check that all the toys work - the L&K should have most things installed as standard (as it's the highest trim level). Make sure you get a test drive.

The DSG should have had it's oil filter changed and oil replaced at 40,000 miles so check that it's been done

Looks like a good car.

• Like 1

Hi Chris, many thanks for your reply. I'll make a point to ask the dealer about the DSG being serviced, if it hasn't I'll ask if this can be done, or if the price can be reduced to reflect the need for me to pay for this to be done. Any ideas of a ball park of how much the DSG service usually costs?

I wasn't originally out to get an L&K, but as I added more things to my list, i.e. full leathers, heated seats etc., it became clear that this trim level would be perfect, given its so tooled up. I'm a bit of a sucker for toys so I decided to take a punt. I moved from a Renault Sport Clio 182 to a bog standard Audi A3, so missed even the basics of bi-xenon's so looking forward to seeing what the adaptive lighting is like.

I've already got a test drive planned, before I commit, so I'll take it somewhere away from the forecourt and give it a good combing over.

Thanks, I've done a little more digging, I believe with the one I'm viewing having a 7 speed DSG, this would be a dry clutch, as opposed to a 6 speed DSG which is a wet clutch, so I'm guessing the question around DSG oil change with the vendor is null & void?

7 speed dry box is DQ200 only fitted to engines under 250Nm torque, so only 1.4tsi, 1.6tdi or 1.5tsi engines in the Superb.

7 speed wet box fitted in cars with 4x4 I think, 6 speed wet box in 150ps diesel until iirc sometime around 2018, then changed to 7 speed wet box. Some 7 speed wet boxes after around 2018 went to 80,000 mile oil change as opposed to standard 40,000 mile.

There is a table somewhere on the forum showing this information all in greater detail and clarity. Perhaps someone can point it out.

• Like 1

If it's the 2.0 it definitely won't be a dry clutch. As above its more likely to be the 6 speed wet box. Take it on a high speed run if you can to force it into top gear.

Also, pretty sure the fixed price for dsg service is £159. You don't say how many miles it's done. They are due at 40k.

Edited by MarkyG82
  • Like 1

The only issues with mine has been the chrome trim around the windows coming off and the dreaded rattle at about 1800- 2000 revs when accelerating coming from the dash/ radio area. Otherwise a lovely car.

The screenshot from TPS on DSG servicing is in threads on DQ380 and DQ381 servicing intervals and posts about the 80,000 miles interval.   I can not post the link just now but can bump a thread.    EDIT. Bumped it in the Octavia Mk3 section.      Skoda fixed price service and maintenance has the DSG service over £200 these days. (£215)  It can cost less and some charge more.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1