Octavia Estate iV (PHEV)

My car is two months old and I'm gradually getting used to all that it does and all that it offers. But I have a couple of immediate questions :

1. Transmission is automatic. Driving in  S-drive and taking the foot off the accelerator results in a sharp deceleration as regenerative braking occurs. Do the brake lights come on when this happens? I am concerned about following traffic being alerted to the slow-down.
  2. Can I do anything with the car whilst it is charging? For example, remotely switch on the heated windscreen? Or get in the car and set up a SatNav destination?

The manual is extensive (especially the online version) but it is not always clear.

TIA

From my experience with other cars of tha VAG:

1: there is a legally agreed maximum regen without brake lights, 0.01G or 0,1m/s² IIRC, like braking on the engine with a normal car, if the regen brakes harder, the brake lights should light up. With some other models you can disable the automatic regen by turning the ESP in "sport" mode, but I haven't tried it on the octavia yet.

2: you can do everything, just driving is not possible

That's helpful; thank you. I am surprised how little the staff at the dealership seem to know about what they are selling. I was in there earlier today an asked about regen and brake lights. No-one knew the answer. I also asked how to disable the alarm (mine has activated three times in the last two months with my car simply parked on my drive). Again, they didn't know. I think I have read somewhere that the keyfob lock has to be pressed twice in two seconds to disable it...

Thank you; yes, I had read that. Double locking - from the first press of "lock" it takes longer than two seconds ( 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) for the wing mirrors to fold in so I'm never sure whether or not it has worked. So I think you are right - disable interior monitoring is the way to go.

On 06/05/2021 at 14:56, Sir_Ron_Norris said:

I am surprised how little the staff at the dealership seem to know about what they are selling.

Most car dealers/salesman across the UK know next to nothing about the product they're selling......

9 out 10 times I've stepped foot in a dealership, I know more about the car I was interested in, than the person selling it to me; that includes which options you can actually spec with others, and which you can't. 

• Like 1