Don't understand WLTP or MPG numbers

If I look at the specs for an Octavia SE Tech, Skoda says it emits "119 - 138" g per km. So which is it, 119 or 138. Its important because the Fuel Scale Charges for VAT are quite different for 119 and 138. 

For fuel economy its 53.3 - 43.3 mpg. Back in the dayz before WLTP there were three figures, urban, something else and combined. Take your pick. But which number do I choose now? (Yes, I know, not real figures, but they are a basis to start from.)

1 hour ago, glasgow said:

If I look at the specs for an Octavia SE Tech, Skoda says it emits "119 - 138" g per km. So which is it, 119 or 138. Its important because the Fuel Scale Charges for VAT are quite different for 119 and 138. 

For fuel economy its 53.3 - 43.3 mpg. Back in the dayz before WLTP there were three figures, urban, something else and combined. Take your pick. But which number do I choose now? (Yes, I know, not real figures, but they are a basis to start from.)

It's between 119 and 138 g per km depending on the spec of the particular vehicle - more options = heavier car = higher emissions.

Same applies to the fuel economy numbers.

Personally I have always worked on the basis of the highest emissions and lowest economy figures.

@glasgow lower_bound - higher_bound means "between those 2 values". Beyond that, I think you're quoting advertising values for a number of different engines (and/or body styles) for the SE Tech trim level.

I think I sussed this. If you go to Skoda and build your own spec car you can see how the different numbers for the same model work. A stock car may be 119 g but add a spare wheel and you'll also add a couple of grams. Make sense, more weight, more fuel, more CO2.

I need to know before I lease! Adding a gram can add a fiver to the monthly VAT due on fuel.

On 09/05/2021 at 15:50, PetrolDave said:

It's between 119 and 138 g per km depending on the spec of the particular vehicle - more options = heavier car = higher emissions.

26 minutes ago, glasgow said:

I think I sussed this. If you go to Skoda and build your own spec car you can see how the different numbers for the same model work. A stock car may be 119 g but add a spare wheel and you'll also add a couple of grams. Make sense, more weight, more fuel, more CO2.

.... what I said B)