Spluttering help

Hi all I have a 2010 scout 2.0pd 

Every time I change gear at about 15000 revs driving normal car splutters and Jerks then is fine I sit about 70 to 75mph and splutters on like a spark plug has gone 

But if I drive it hard when changing gear cant feel it as much 

We have a small fault finder it says heater plug out but its said that for a long time and car starts fine 

Any thoughts thanks 

I can be reasonably confident in saying that your problem will not be spark plug related.

• Haha 1

Could be a dirty/bad injector or loose wiring connector to one.

From 1.9PD experience, ignore the glow plug warning, they start just fine with them u/s and electrical fault on an injector doesn't trigger a fault until the car is driving like a buckaroo and the engine is threatening to drop out the bottom at which point it'll record a cylinder misfire.

It was an easy fix for me, disconnect injector harness next to tandem pump, measure resistance on all injectors and if 1(or more) is different whip cam cover off, check wiring, recrimp female spade connectors for a better grip, refit and remeasure resistances before putting the lid back on.

Of course your measurements may show similar resistance on all injectors when static, it may need engine vibration to cause the poor connection so don't assume they are all good based on that.

4 hours ago, Gissin said:

injectors, MAF, DFP(sensor/regens?) could also be sticky vanes on the turbo 

how's your mpg ? 

what kind of driving are you doing, how many miles has the car done? is this a new thing or new?

Since this fault mpg has gone poor 

Driving is 14 miles a day till the weekend then out and about 

And think its 135000 

And yes its just started 

I have the rac might get them to do a scan 

could be  injectors then 

you could also unplug the maf and see if there's any change, give it a clean too / stick a bit of silicone grease in the plug.

it's worth having it scanned with something like VCDS to get a better idea. also download VAG DPF app to see if that could be an issue, there's a few threads on here with similar issues.

when was it last serviced including the diesel filter 

1 hour ago, Gissin said:

could be  injectors then 

you could also unplug the maf and see if there's any change, give it a clean too / stick a bit of silicone grease in the plug.

it's worth having it scanned with something like VCDS to get a better idea. also download VAG DPF app to see if that could be an issue, there's a few threads on here with similar issues.

when was it last serviced including the diesel filter 

Hi thanks for that info 

I put new fuel and air filters on last week and no change at all