Updating Mapping

I have downloaded the latest mapping from the portal to an SD card but have not been able to update the system. It won't recognise the files. 

The one issue i have is the instructions say i should format the card using FAT32 on the computer but my HP laptop uses a different format standard.

Anyone got any tips or advice?

Which model of SatNav system is this ? The procedure for updating is different, depending on the system you have.

The Columbus system uses any off-the-shelf SD card or USB stick as a temporary transfer medium, after which the SD card/USB stick can be removed.

The Amundsen system actually uses the SD card all of the time - it must remain plugged in - but it requires a specially formatted "Skoda SD card" in order to work.

For information, you can format an SD card or USB stick to  FAT32 in Windows as follows - 

1. Insert the SD card/USB stick to the computer

2. Open Windows File Explorer (the little yellow "folder icon" in the task bar)

3. Locate then RIGHT-click on the SD card/USB stick icon

4. Select "Format.." from the popup window

5. In the next window, select "FAT32" as the "File system"

6. Click on "Start"

Make sure you select the correct drive icon at step 3 above or you may format (erase) the wrong drive !!

Update on this. Reloaded the sd card and started installing the update within a few mins. Took an hour to install but seems all good now. 

I did mine today as well after being reminded by this thread to check!

2018 Columbus, stuck it on a 128gb micro sd with adapter formatted using SDFormatter in windows 10 and put into slot 2 on the head unit.

Took about an hour but all went in with no problems, I just got in the passenger side and turned on the infotainment unit to start the update then got out and locked the car leaving it to do its thing.

Edited by SkudMissile21

BOD20 stated 

The Amundsen system actually uses the SD card all of the time - it must remain plugged in - but it requires a specially formatted "Skoda SD card" in order to work.

I have the Amundsen system. Does this mean that I use the existing card currently in slot 1 to download to when updating from the Skoda Update Portal? Or do I need another SD card?

8 hours ago, MASKO said:

Or do I need another SD card?

no, Amundsen can read maps only from original SD cards, which are identified by id number

8 hours ago, MASKO said:

updating from the Skoda Update Portal

if you have been interested on old files

Thanks Martini.

So if I understand it, I download the update from the Skoda Portal to my existing SD card? If so, I see that the download is over 6Gb so will my SD card have the capacity to accept this and subsequent downloads? Or does it each time merely overwrite the previous version?

Been away but just finished updating my Amundsen sat nav. Previous version was 2018/19 and I downloaded the ECE 1 2020/2021 update. But the version in the Infotainment is now showing

Shield 2016-44 (build 309). I was expecting it to show 2020/21 but it doesn't. Does this mean I've somehow messed up?

21 hours ago, MASKO said:

But the version in the Infotainment is now showing

Shield 2016-44 (build 309).

isn't that about firmware?

21 hours ago, MASKO said:

I downloaded the ECE 1 2020/2021

happy with two year old files?

22 hours ago, MASKO said:

Been away but just finished updating my Amundsen sat nav. Previous version was 2018/19 and I downloaded the ECE 1 2020/2021 update. But the version in the Infotainment is now showing

Shield 2016-44 (build 309). I was expecting it to show 2020/21 but it doesn't. Does this mean I've somehow messed up?

Ditto for me, but if you look at the line above it says ECE AS 2022 

7 hours ago, wharferat said:

Ditto for me, but if you look at the line above it says ECE AS 2022 

When I check version there is no line above or below the Shield entry!

On my version page I only have what you have on your 4th line down - nothing else on the page. I've no idea what year sat nav I'm running so will have to make do!

• Like 1