Rear passenger door issue on 2008 Roomster

The rear passenger door has been a pain lately, sometimes it won't open from the outside but will from the inside. Now when you lock with central locking, this door won't lock.

Saw on here some posts about door loom wiring, garage have said could be the catch as is common on these. Unfortunatey taken to garage and the issue isn't showing up, door is locking/unlocking fine.

Intermittent issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks

It sounds very much like our 2008 Roomster, in the end last summer I replaced that lock with a brand new unit that I imported from Slovakia for around €120, I was quoted by a local dealer £220 for just the lock. Second hand parts are not that cheap considering they are likely to show the same issue at some point, although in hindsight second hand would have been a better option as the car was written off in February.

Some eBay sellers will list a Fabia lock as being suitable for the Roomster – it is not, although the main part of the lock is the same there is a difference in the latch. I guess it would be possible to put new internals into the old lock.  

I would echo what has been said about lock choice ,cheaper variants don't match as I found out. And I also got one from abroad for£120.

Safety is involved here so I dismissed second-hand and went for new.

My daughter's  FII passenger door is playing up similar to yours. Sometimes things work and then they do not. The open door did not always show up in the dashboard.

I had the lock out to get the PN and just greased one of the microswitches and suddenly it is back to normal - just how long for.

The rear doors only have one microswitch which could be the problem. I have one microswitch on order from Aliexpress now.