VRS iV brake light intermittently comes on when on charge.

I've just noticed that when plugged in and charging, the brake (or rear) lights come on for a short while  (30seconds or so)  every now and again.  I've not worked out how frequently this happens yet, only noticed as it's now lighter and have the curtains open in the late evening.  Does anyone else's do this?   Is it trying to communicate with passing aliens? :D

I've also noticed the green charging light next to the port flashes all night,  is there a way to turn this off?

I'll try to look at the first point next time I'm charging, for the second one I don't think it's possible as it's an indicator that the car is charging properly.

Thanks.  It is infrequent and can be an hour between at least.  

My previous  car was a bmw330e which flashed the charging light for a minute and then turned off.  Living in a dark rural area, the flashing green light is very noticeable.  Gaffer tape will solve it!

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo.. same with me after a neighbour mentioned it one night and finally managed to capture it on camera.

Looks like it is not to do with charging though sadly but maybe an actual issue or spftware gremlin. Be interesting to see of it affects phev cars only? I only did a 1 mile trip to shops after fully charging so didnt leave it on charge when i got back and it still flashed the brake lights. Will wait to see what Skoda say about it

Update : Car is booked into local dealership 2nd week of July. Awaiting to see what Skoda UK think about it and of its a known problem.

Only really noticed now as always park rear facing away from camera when charging. Can confirm that this happened multiple random times throughout last night and early hours of this morning, lasts roughly 10 seconds each time, happened enough where when I started the car this morning had a brief warning on dash saying 12V battery low and to drive the vehicle 🙈

• 2 weeks later...

Update : Car went to dealership for the day on Friday.

No reason given specifically for why it was happening but they performed a software update via Skoda technical off site somewhere to fix it as well as the issue I had with parking sensors randomly stopping working once or twice. There was also 2 general improvement software updates available that they pushed through. If problem still persists will take the car back where they will replace parts. So far so good but early days.

Echoing what is said throughout this forum, worth having chats with dealership for possible software updates that are different to OTA updates and are only available through dealership. Might remedy issues people have as they wont contact you sadly until next time the car lands on their doorstep for servicing etc. My car was delivered to me March 2021. As far as I was aware, I was already running the latest software version but shows worth pursuing if getting issues as its updating fast. As the dealership said off record, we are the guinea pigs with the new car and new software and are testing for any issues that crop up. Annoying, but Im happy to continue taking car back if needs be to get it perfect and whilst its still warranty and "new customer" territory

2 hours ago, Delli said:

I read somewhere that brake (or rear) lights come on for a short while when charging is ready (or almost ready).

Its nothing to do with charging, not in my case anyway, please see my videos above where car was not plugged in on charge at the time

17 minutes ago, Skoolboyerror said:

Its nothing to do with charging, not in my case anyway, please see my videos above where car was not plugged in on charge at the time

Sorry, I answered to @rp8 who begin this threat.

• 1 year later...