Sport line plus

Test drove a Volvo xc 60 d4 inscription and a Superb sport line plus estate 8 months old with 2,900 miles on the clock, 20l. TDi scr dsg 7 speed.

I specifically told both Volvo and Skoda dealers that the vehicle must be able to tow a caravan 9trading in a Volvo xc70 owned for 13 years.

The Skoda was the car we chose, drove far better in all respects apart from wind noise at 70 mirrors might be the cause.

Paid deposit , now received e mail that whilst the Superb has factory installed pre wiring for the tow bar the Skoda garage cannot fit the fold away tow hitch or any other one.

The salesman suggesting I see an independent tow bar fitter  that he deals with and supplied prices for fixed and removable.

I discussed the bar fitting prior to test drive and paying the deposit and salesman confirmed that the tow bar has to be Skoda fitted so as to make the dsg box and the car that it is towing once a trailer 13 pin plug is fitted to the car socket.

Also no discounts on a 5 year service plan , only a monthly more expensive payment scheme.

Any advice/ help would be very welcome, what about warranty issues if things go wrong .further down the line.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Find another Skoda dealer, this happens all the time. No reason the ORIS folding bar can’t be fitted. My car is getting one and I don’t have the pre wiring.

Hi Sash a Grace, yes it is strange the dealer can't fit one as discussed ,still getting the Superb as it's in as new condition and very well equipped. 

Looked on the Internet for Oris tow bars but there doesn't seem to be fitters or help.

Can I as where you are getting the tow bar fitted.

Thanks

Ps. Its meteor grey.

Martin.

I’m fitting it myself and then calibrating the ACC myself as well because I have the gear for it. It’s easy to bolt a bar on yourself if it has tow bar prep as all the wiring to the boot is there, you just need module and wiring to the bar. If you want the folding one, you need the handle and trim to match as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m fitting it myself and then calibrating the ACC myself as well because I have the gear for it. It’s easy to bolt a bar on yourself if it has tow bar prep as all the wiring to the boot is there, you just need module and wiring to the bar. If you want the folding one, you need the handle and trim to match as well.

What is required for the ACC calibration exactly?

On 29/06/2021 at 20:44, SashaGrace said:

Hi Sasha Grace, thanks for your advice, I have decided to have a Westfalia detachable tow  bar fitted with the necessary coding, booked fitting on line and with a discount offer it was a good price.

Getting car on Saturday 10th.

Martin

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

ACC calibration board and equipment to code :)

Half way there then

Have VCDS (unless this is insufficient) need board.....