Interior lights problem

Hi ,

I have bought 2020 octavia style and I have noticed something strange.

While driving at night if someone sits on back seat and sometimes even if nobody is there rear interior roof light powers on and then powers off. Sometimes this happens all the time , sometimes maybe 1 or 2 times in half an hour.

in columus i dobt have any option to see if something needa ti be exchanged in software and also i have only switch where is sunglasses box to kill all lights if the doors are open or closed.

i have contacted dealership but they can take my car for at least 2 weeks to see why is this happening.

maybe some of you have same problem.

thanks

• 6 months later...

I have the same one too. Some time the nearside passenger will turn on randomly and sometime is starts blinking... Car is booked in for 3rd week of Feb.

Mine is similar - except it is mostly the Drivers side light that comes on and off. This during the daytime as well as at night (which is when I notice it). A couple of evenings ago, manoeuvring out of a tight parking place each time I engaged reverse gear and the interior light came on; select 1st and it went off. First time I’ve noticed that, usually its totally random.

Haven’t booked mine in yet, am interested to hear how it goes @Coume.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get mine to the dealer this last couple of days. A Bluetooth update (for intermittent CarPlay reconnection) and more relevant here, an update for the interior lights. 
25 mile drive late this afternoon and it seems ok - will be monitoring it over the next wee while.

Edited by sneal

Aaaah, you killed little Casper?!?!  👻

That's so sad...

Let's just assume you scared him away and he ran to haunt another car 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Haha 2

Good news or Bad news first?

ok, good news….

Casper 👻 is alive and well, and back in my car 😊😂

bad news….

The interior rear courtesy light was driving me nuts this evening. 40 minutes of fading on and off whilst driving unlit roads is quite a distraction. ☹️

Edited by sneal

8 hours ago, sneal said:

ok, good news….

Casper 👻 is alive and well, and back in my car 😊😂

bad news….

The interior rear courtesy light was driving me nuts this evening. 40 minutes of fading on and off whilst driving unlit roads is quite a distraction. ☹️

Did they replace the light or do a update? 

1 hour ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Did they replace the light or do a update? 

Just a s/ware update.

To be fair to the dealer, I had a few niggles to sort and they suggested doing all outstanding updates  as a first step; see how it goes then decide what’s next.

I’ll be back in touch with them in a day or two after seeing which, if any, of the other niggles remain.

9 hours ago, sneal said:

Congrats OR sorry about that!

Not sure about the SW update... The fix I read about involved replacing the light module.

• 2 weeks later...

I unplugged my light unit a few weeks ago because it was annoying me. Phoned Skoda last week to book in to have it looked at, so I plugged it back in last weekend to get a video of the issue and since then, it hasn’t happened. Probably done about 15 hours driving since.

1 hour ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

I unplugged my light unit a few weeks ago because it was annoying me. Phoned Skoda last week to book in to have it looked at, so I plugged it back in last weekend to get a video of the issue and since then, it hasn’t happened. Probably done about 15 hours driving since.

The issue in mine only shows up in cold weather, below about 5degC, and stops after a while once the car is thoroughly warmed up.

1 hour ago, sneal said:

The issue in mine only shows up in cold weather, below about 5degC, and stops after a while once the car is thoroughly warmed up.

Mine seamed to be completely random but once it started the only way to stop it was to press the unit or the light switch in the front several times till it stayed off. Would even do it when parked and locked. I don’t know if I should cancel my appointment now as knowing my luck it’ll come back as soon as I do 😂

On 27/01/2022 at 08:49, sneal said:

Mine is similar - except it is mostly the Drivers side light that comes on and off. This during the daytime as well as at night (which is when I notice it). A couple of evenings ago, manoeuvring out of a tight parking place each time I engaged reverse gear and the interior light came on; select 1st and it went off. First time I’ve noticed that, usually its totally random.

Haven’t booked mine in yet, am interested to hear how it goes @Coume.

@snealsorry had missed the tag.

They replaced the ceiling light, previous one background was black but the new one has a white background. Seems to work well.

I have a few more issues but won't hijack the thread with them...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Coume said:

They replaced the ceiling light, previous one background was black but the new one has a white background. Seems to work well.

Did they change just the rear unit? 

36 minutes ago, Coume said:

No worries.

Thanks for the update, and useful to know they replaced the unit. I’ll check the background colour of mine.

8 hours ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Did they change just the rear unit? 

For this issue, yes.

I also had random flickering of the gages, which apparently fixed by SW update.

They found an error code about the sos system. They proactively replaced the sos module but now it has created a new issue as each drive, I get sos error and poping noise/cracking noise from it... Which is really annoying as it was working perfectly well before!

I have another work due to be done on it but may start another thread for this one...

Edited by Coume

30 minutes ago, Coume said:

For this issue, yes.

I also had random flickering of the gages, which apparently fixed by SW update.

They found an error code about the sos system. They proactively replaced the sos module but now it has created a new issue as each drive, I get sos error and poping noise/cracking noise from it... Which is really annoying as it was working perfectly well before!

I have another work due to be done on it but may start another thread for this one...

I also have the sos issue and a workaround I found was if you put the privacy settings to maximum privacy it stops it happening.