Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

Managed to get some pics last night of the new standard dash in its various settings. Worth noting too that the turn directions on the dash work for Apple Maps when it’s connected through Car Play 

2ADDD215-EEF6-4764-9CDB-2BD7E54E47D9.jpeg

787E6A8E-7376-4366-9FC4-0CE14BC98AEE.jpeg

29C27881-7865-4997-8890-77806DC1437C.jpeg

4A874351-9C75-442F-BE97-F030ACFC485B.jpeg

1688CB28-5C64-4CB2-9191-38C0FA504699.jpeg

Edited by foxy367
Added detail
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxy367 said:

Managed to get some pics last night of the new standard dash in its various settings. Worth noting too that the turn directions on the dash work for Apple Maps when it’s connected through Car Play 

2ADDD215-EEF6-4764-9CDB-2BD7E54E47D9.jpeg

787E6A8E-7376-4366-9FC4-0CE14BC98AEE.jpeg

29C27881-7865-4997-8890-77806DC1437C.jpeg

4A874351-9C75-442F-BE97-F030ACFC485B.jpeg

1688CB28-5C64-4CB2-9191-38C0FA504699.jpeg

That's pretty neat to be fair. Still glad to have got VC but this would have been a massive step up from previous car.

From the shots I worried about what the lines were on either side, they looked like white painted lines, but they're pretty effective lit up to match the display.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AntD said:

That's pretty neat to be fair. Still glad to have got VC but this would have been a massive step up from previous car.

From the shots I worried about what the lines were on either side, they looked like white painted lines, but they're pretty effective lit up to match the display.

You're right they are pretty good and I thought the same about the lines either side. I'd sooner have had the VC but with the pan roof it would have taken us the wrong side of the £40k luxury VED bracket so this is a good alternative

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxy367 said:

You're right they are pretty good and I thought the same about the lines either side. I'd sooner have had the VC but with the pan roof it would have taken us the wrong side of the £40k luxury VED bracket so this is a good alternative

We don't talk about luxury VED, because it took 17 months to get our car they raised the prices into the bracket 🙄😭

• 3 weeks later...

Mines finally arrived today after 69 week wait 😀 The digital dash is quite nice. 
Struggling to work out if it's fitted with a Bolero or an Amundsen infotainment system (ordered with Bolero). Is there an easy way to tell? Or are they the same system now? It has the NAV button, but it's asking for money to purchase that option. 

On 20/10/2022 at 15:30, Theo5 said:

The digital dash is quite nice. 
Struggling to work out if it's fitted with a Bolero or an Amundsen infotainment system (ordered with Bolero). Is there an easy way to tell? Or are they the same system now? It has the NAV button, but it's asking for money to purchase that option. 

The digital dash turned out to be the virtual cockpit.  It's not available as an option on the trim I've got, so unsure how that happened. Maybe they were short of the 8" display that day. Spoke to Skoda online and they confirmed the car has the virtual cockpit option fitted.
For Bolero vs Amundsen it's a bit confusing. In the manual there's two different types of Bolero one with a NAV button and one without the NAV button. Mine had the NAV button, but I couldn't use it it without paying £340 to licence it. I eventually caved in because I wanted to see what the maps looked like on the virtual cockpit. The maps must all be pre-installed because it started working straight away. There's no SD card slots anymore, so map updates are over the air if you've got 'Infotainment Online' subscription.
The Bolero + NAV looks physically and operational identical to  Amundsen as far as I can tell. I'm guessing they are the same system. 

19 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

The digital dash turned out to be the virtual cockpit.  It's not available as an option on the trim I've got, so unsure how that happened. Maybe they were short of the 8" display that day. Spoke to Skoda online and they confirmed the car has the virtual cockpit option fitted.
For Bolero vs Amundsen it's a bit confusing. In the manual there's two different types of Bolero one with a NAV button and one without the NAV button. Mine had the NAV button, but I couldn't use it it without paying £340 to licence it. I eventually caved in because I wanted to see what the maps looked like on the virtual cockpit. The maps must all be pre-installed because it started working straight away. There's no SD card slots anymore, so map updates are over the air if you've got 'Infotainment Online' subscription.
The Bolero + NAV looks physically and operational identical to  Amundsen as far as I can tell. I'm guessing they are the same system. 

Which trim have you got?  Is that what you ordered as I guess that since placing your order trim levels may have changed as well as MY23 rather than MY22 and possibly MY21 since you placed the order.  The SE Drive that I have ordered states Amundseon and the 8" display.  Other than being slightly smaller does it lose anything that Virtual Cockpit has?  I know you can't display the maps on the 8" but since I will never use the built in Navigation as I use Google Maps on Android Auto I wouldn't get maps displayed anyway.

58 minutes ago, ceepan said:

Which trim have you got?  Is that what you ordered as I guess that since placing your order trim levels may have changed as well as MY23 rather than MY22 and possibly MY21 since you placed the order.  The SE Drive that I have ordered states Amundseon and the 8" display.  Other than being slightly smaller does it lose anything that Virtual Cockpit has?  I know you can't display the maps on the 8" but since I will never use the built in Navigation as I use Google Maps on Android Auto I wouldn't get maps displayed anyway.

The trim is SE. Ordered post facelift expecting a MY22 (It's a MY23).  Due to the options I got, the only difference between it and the SE Drive is the alloys and the sat nav (which seems to be the same). Would have ordered an SE drive, but it wasn't in the lineup at the time. 
Judging by the photos / manual I don't think the 8" display is missing anything over the 10" virtual cockpit other than maps. Similarly I doubt I'll use anything other than Waze/TomTom via the phone which won't display on it anyway.

Edited by Theo5

29 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

The trim is SE. Ordered post facelift expecting a MY22 (It's a MY23).  Due to the options I got, the only difference between it and the SE Drive is the alloys and the sat nav (which seems to be the same). Would have ordered an SE drive, but it wasn't in the lineup at the time. 
Judging by the photos / manual I don't think the 8" display is missing anything over the 10" virtual cockpit other than maps. Similarly I doubt I'll use anything other than Waze/TomTom via the phone which won't display on it anyway.

Did the SE Drive disappear from the lineup?  I am replacing my SE Drive from September 2020 (preface lift).  The new car will have 18" Alloys rather than the current 19", I gain LED headlights rather than the current Halogen, I get KESSY which I don't have and I lose the LED Interior pack which used to be standard on the SE Drive.  I am looking forward to the new car but we will see how close to the May/June 2023 date it actually arrives.  

1 minute ago, ceepan said:

Did the SE Drive disappear from the lineup?  I am replacing my SE Drive from September 2020 (preface lift).  The new car will have 18" Alloys rather than the current 19", I gain LED headlights rather than the current Halogen, I get KESSY which I don't have and I lose the LED Interior pack which used to be standard on the SE Drive.  I am looking forward to the new car but we will see how close to the May/June 2023 date it actually arrives.  

Yep, the SE Drive disappeared for a while from the UK lineup. This is from the brochure last year (2021).  

image.thumb.png.eb1891e1c9c3fa61bddb3c712b86c11a.png

54 minutes ago, Theo5 said:

No you don’t get the maps on the 8” display but if you use Apple Maps for directions it does show turn information which is pretty useful shown in the last photo o my post above

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ceepan said:

SE Drive featured in current brochure and on configurator…

D903CFBC-AB95-4EC8-B6CB-1A1CDDA08B31.png

C84131DE-B8C1-4017-97E9-29CEAD26DB75.png

3 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

SE Drive featured in current brochure and on configurator…

D903CFBC-AB95-4EC8-B6CB-1A1CDDA08B31.png

C84131DE-B8C1-4017-97E9-29CEAD26DB75.png

Sorry my previous comment was confusing.  I know that the SE Drive is available now as I ordered one just over a week ago to replace my current pre face lift SE Drive.  I just hadn't realised that it had disappeared from the options last year.

• Like 1

My 1.5 Sportline arrived today, not far off a year to the day since it was ordered, which worked out perfectly for me as my old lease was ending in late October 2022, banked on the car being about 3 months late and there was only 3 days between the old one going and new one coming in the end.

It’s not moved yet but I’ve had a good play about with it, usual stuff, fitting all the rubber mats and boot tray etc as well as configuring all the settings to my requirements. 

Love how it looks, the inside is a very nice place to be. Last Friday I returned a 2020 Octavia Estate SE Technology and the Kodiaq is a much, much nicer place to be.

I ordered the family and front heat pack both of which look like they’ll come in very handy, I love the little plastic bits that appear when you open the doors. The Skoda wording that appears on the pavement is also a nice touch, and the kids will find the window blinds very handy.A4AE55EE-C592-4EC3-988D-06B2C86D0472.thumb.jpeg.43a56d083a039e5ea966219ad213540d.jpegEAB1B5B9-278F-496E-9B86-18AD2A1A523C.thumb.jpeg.c36b7c638884cdcbc76083f1a517e852.jpeg8CF07B9B-968E-4D76-8C67-BA3AED6E87AB.thumb.jpeg.6455c62c7d1c547c391dc606e271a96c.jpeg

like a previous contributor, I neither ordered or paid for the Virtual Cockpit and was expecting the new 8.0” display but much to my pleasant surprise it arrived with a VC, which was especially pleasing as it was literally the one feature the Octavia had that I was expecting the Kodiaq not to.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davidr1986 said:

Like a previous contributor, I neither ordered or paid for the Virtual Cockpit and was expecting the new 8.0” display but much to my pleasant surprise it arrived with a VC, which was especially pleasing as it was literally the one feature the Octavia had that I was expecting the Kodiaq not to

Excellent choice in the best colour 👌💙

Very jealous of VC though, having paid for it and having been tipped into luxury tax!

FB_IMG_1664734421419.thumb.jpg.f4ae2f3ac05729d1a0af274778b165a3.jpg

2 hours ago, AntD said:

Excellent choice in the best colour 👌💙

Very jealous of VC though, having paid for it and having been tipped into luxury tax!

FB_IMG_1664734421419.thumb.jpg.f4ae2f3ac05729d1a0af274778b165a3.jpg

The colour is stunning, came very close to getting the grey after seeing it in the showroom, but glad I went for blue

Liking the VC much more than I thought I would too, much more customisable than the one in my old Octavia, just took me a while to work out how to fully customise it as on the Octavia it’s all done on the steering wheel and not through the main screen!

On 01/11/2022 at 11:14, Davidr1986 said:

My 1.5 Sportline arrived today, not far off a year to the day since it was ordered, which worked out perfectly for me as my old lease was ending in late October 2022, banked on the car being about 3 months late and there was only 3 days between the old one going and new one coming in the end.

It’s not moved yet but I’ve had a good play about with it, usual stuff, fitting all the rubber mats and boot tray etc as well as configuring all the settings to my requirements. 

Love how it looks, the inside is a very nice place to be. Last Friday I returned a 2020 Octavia Estate SE Technology and the Kodiaq is a much, much nicer place to be.

I ordered the family and front heat pack both of which look like they’ll come in very handy, I love the little plastic bits that appear when you open the doors. The Skoda wording that appears on the pavement is also a nice touch, and the kids will find the window blinds very handy.A4AE55EE-C592-4EC3-988D-06B2C86D0472.thumb.jpeg.43a56d083a039e5ea966219ad213540d.jpegEAB1B5B9-278F-496E-9B86-18AD2A1A523C.thumb.jpeg.c36b7c638884cdcbc76083f1a517e852.jpeg8CF07B9B-968E-4D76-8C67-BA3AED6E87AB.thumb.jpeg.6455c62c7d1c547c391dc606e271a96c.jpeg

like a previous contributor, I neither ordered or paid for the Virtual Cockpit and was expecting the new 8.0” display but much to my pleasant surprise it arrived with a VC, which was especially pleasing as it was literally the one feature the Octavia had that I was expecting the Kodiaq not to.

Looks lovely 🙂

I've ordered the exact same as you and last update I had was that it was sitting at Emden at the start of last week. Ordered end of Sept 2021 and getting impatient now 😉

You've now got me wondering, and hoping, that it'll turn up with the VC as well!

Race blue is nice the wifes

On 01/11/2022 at 11:14, Davidr1986 said:

Race blue is an awesome colour our last one was the same yours looks very nice. Wonder why it took 12 months though we ordered a 1.5 Sportline in May and it was delivered in Sept. Can only think it must be your spec which delayed it?

Be careful with the plastic door protectors and little hands my (now 9 year old twins) managed to break both off on our original SE-L which came with them as standard first one was covered under warranty the second I had to pay to replace.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had a Superb MkIII from 2016-19 and am currently on a less practical but more luxurious Volvo V90 on an extended lease / 28 day notice hand-back until March 2024. I need a 7-seater and am tired with the V90s 4.93m length which is a PITA for London parking and car parks in general. The Kodiaq fits the bill and would probably go for a Sportline trim. Still debating which engine to go for. The Superb's 150Tdi was frugal but rough over 70mph and I have enjoyed the V90s 190bhp 2l turbo petrol. I think the Superb's 150Tsi will probs be OK and I haven't heard about it being rough in the 70-80mph zone. I don't tow so torque isn't an issue and don't need 4WD in central London.

I am surprised to hear about the extended delays for Kodiaq factory orders. What's the rule of thumb these days?

Cheers,

DT