Taking the Kodiaq to the Continent

Covid tests were free to all nationalities in France until the 7th of this month, now they are chargeable for non French residents and we will all have to pay for them by the Autumn.

Everything I read says that I will still have to serve a 10 day quarantine and do tests on days 2 and 8, I am double vaccinated with Phizer but it was not done by the NHS, I am hoping that requirement will be dropped or the UK will have no tourists from Europe, nearly all of my time will be spent at my address anyway and I cant take the stupid ruling seriously.

You can go to a covid drop in test centre in France and get the results either that night or by 10am the next morning, trying to synchronise that with a non refundable ferry or tunnel crossing plus having proof of payment for the UK day 2 and 8 tests is a major pain in the backside and stress when you dont need it.

I have just been to the Covid test drop in centre, in and out in less than 3 minutes including filling out the paperwork which took most of the time, it was free for me as a French resident with Carte Vitale (health cover) but we will all have to pay from Autumn.

The present cost for you forriners is €43.79 so you can budget for it.

Much now changed: it’s just been announced that even UK residents, double vaccinated in the UK, WILL be required to quarantine at home for 10 ten upon return to the UK, if travelling from or via France.