Cleaning the gap between seat rails and sill?

hebdenwill

I'm looking for some expert tips here...

The very narrow gap between the seat rail and the side of the car is full of crumbs and dust, has anyone got a good "home remedy" to get at it? It's too narrow for the crevice nozzle and I think even too narrow for a toothbrush to try and tease stuff out.

Let me know how you do it! PXL_20210716_090255029.thumb.jpg.11488dd4fbf170aec913b27e27d03df4.jpg

Unbolt the seats. Then you also have the added bonus of being able to get right under the seat and down the other side, between it and the centre console. 

You don't have to take the seats right out, obviously that would give you the best access, you can just move them back and forward to get better access being careful of the electrical wire underneath. 

• 1 month later...

I use one of these cheap ice scrapers from the pound shop. I take the scrapers off and just use the brush to pull out as much of the crumbs and other stuff to the back of the car rear car mats before I hoover. Then I go again with the brush wet with cleaner. Does a great job

Screenshot_20210912-071416~2.png

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 08:48, john999boy said:

That looks interesting - do you happen to have a link?

Not great with computers unless its connected to a car. Bought it off the bay of evil. Listed there as Dust brush cleaner, Universal vacuum attachment Dirt remover. 

Was £6.99, so not a fantastic top end quality product, but has been fine for vents and the side of the seat rail etc when used gently. 

• Thanks 1

A mate of mine used to do car valeting. He cut a 500ml coke bottle top off and taped a small length of hose to where you drink from so it could fit over the hoover. Seemed to do the trick for him.

Or a similar idea to thr one above,  fold a thick sheet of cardboard into a small rectangular flat-sided pipe and cut an angled end. Then tape up the fold with decent thick tape along the seam to make a  mini version of a Dyson pointed suction tool. Fit it inside the Dyson larger adapter and it works really well.  The Superb is the first car that I couldn't clean between the door and the seat rail. Works a great.