Octavia Mk4 1.5 tsi se manual estate

edgarss

Hi,

I have been quoted 20k £ my own money on pcp 0% deal. So it sounds like an awesome deal. Was trying to get test drive but no one seems to have 1.5 manual SE in stock to try.

I tried high spec SE L DSG and it was nice. I used to dislike auto boxes but this was the best I have driven so far. Loved paddles for overtaking. What I did not like was lane assist, I assume, trying to wrestle me steering on my own.

I have few questions in case someone has a bit more insight:

1. Is 1.5 manual kangaroo sorted on mk4?

2. Could SE trim with manual clocks be more free of software troubles? Will I hate myself for not getting SE L? I would like tinted windows in back for kids and navigation in clock area, but not sure if £3000 more is worth possible software issues. 

3. How realistic is 17-21 week lead time currently?

Was thinking about superb but no 0% deal and used prices currently does not look attractive when you factor in all maintenance and resale costs.

Thanks in advance.

Lane assist can be quickly turned off, but on every drive. Somebody smarter than me will be along along eventually to show us how we can turn it off and the car remembers the setting. Not much use on bendy narrow UK roads with inconsistent markings.

1. If you're super sensitive, you can detect a little stumble 1/10 times on a cold pull away, once in the first 100 yards. If you grew up juggling manual chokes, this is pretty good.

2. Nothing guaranteed, but if there is a tendency in all the reporting, the early cars off the line seem to have had more problems than later ones. Plenty of owners out there not complaining on forums so the odds are pretty good.

SEL good for the following bits; heated front seats, adaptive cruise control, heated adjustable folding mirrors, front and back parking sensors, Columbus 10" display. Chrome window surrounds not so much. But only you know what you like. Offered specs may have changed.

3. No idea.