Enyaq Sportline 80x awd

GIBSONMB

Does anybody have any info on when the configurator will be updated with the 80x? The 80 has a max towing figure of 1000Kg which is no good for me. The 80x is 1200Kg which is just about there for my lightweight caravan. Still might go for an EV6 though as that has a towing figure of 1600Kg. Depends party on the test drive I have scheduled for 27th July of the EV6.

• Administrators

Suspect the sportline will just be trim and options. 

In the other ranges there hasn't been a significant different really in specs, performance wise.

I've not followed the enyaq too closely, might end up buying one and blowing my 5year plan :)

Hi Colin,

It's not the Sportline trim. That is on the configurator already, it's the "x" part, i.e. the all wheel drive option I'm waiting for. Apparently it's only going to be available on the Sportline initially.

Looking forward to the Caravanning Journals loading a car up as a couple or family might and towing a caravan and reporting on energy usage and possible range they get.

Even better if they do group tests where the outfits are driving the same routes in the same weather conditions.

Charging at chargers with the Caravans still hitched.

(There are some chargers suitable for that in Scotland but they are few and likely far apart.)

Edited by e-Roottoot

Based on some early tests by drivers reporting to 'EV What can it tow', it is best to assume range will be halved, but may be not quite as bad as that. If people load their caravans over the maximum specified on the loading plate, they are of course breaking the law and creating significant risk to them and others. I keep a spreadsheet of everything I load into the caravan with each weighed. Sometimes I have to choose what to take and what not so as not to exceed the max permitted loading. EV's on the whole make good tow vehicles because they are often heavier than their diesel/petrol counterparts and all the torque is delivered when you need it most for towing. Range of course could be an issue for some. Nice point about the EV6 is you don\t need hook-ip either on the site as the car can provide it via it's 240v output adapter. So long as you are not plugging a kettle in every morning of course and still use gas for heating.

• Thanks 1

I will see when someone is silly enough to lend me one with a towbar / ball which i can hitch up and tow with.

I already know how much roof bars, bike carriers and bikes carried can affect an EV's range.

Also a bit of a pain when you get to some chargers which are undercover and no uncovered ones available.

The 3 in this article Citroen, Spacetourer & Peugeot will be damn lucky to get 143 miles range with people & stuff in them, let alone towing a light trailer at up to 60mph on a warm day.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/electric-cars/top-10-best-electric-cars-towing

At chargers like the 70 connections at Stirling Castleview Park

& Ride or Dunblane Tesco Express caravans will need unhitched.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news-technology/can-you-tow-electric-car-or-hybrid

The Original Rapid Charger will suit an Outfit Charging.

DSCI0003.JPG.affd2d1b193ce7c51ec9a25371830a53.JPG

DSCI0001.JPG.f600ba5adc3a4bb182bd0c8cd6d58f8b.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG.2c8cdf469430cc6e57cfad7d7f8cafb3.JPG

Edited by e-Roottoot

Yes, thanks, great news. I've configured and my config comes to £52.5K. Now to see the Kia EV6 on Tuesday evening. Funny but if the configurator had come sooner I'd have placed an order by now. Bus since I've noted that the even the 80X only has a max towing capability of 1200Kg, I'm now also looking at the EV6........... 1600 Kg towing.... and finally looking at the BMW i4 M50...... the latter is a bit expensive though.

Has anybody any info about the real turning radius of the 80X? I wonder if the front engine affects it, so it differs from the regular 80. 

This is my first post here, so I'll take the opportunity to say hi to all. 

Welcome to the club.

I cannot find the turning circle for the 80X, probably because no one has hold of one yet? However the turning circle for VW ID.4 GTX which is the same chassis is 11.6m vs 10.2m for standard ID.4. Standard Enyaq turning circle is slightly better at 9.3m. I'd guess you are right and the 80x turning circle will increase by around a meter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/08/2021 at 08:32, SurreyJohn said:

The 80X is now in latest brochure

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/c72dfee1-ab36-40e0-b1be-9c99293156c2

Amazed to see this in the brochure. I have put the relevant bits in bold.

"Please note, if a tow bar or tow bar preparation is not fitted on the car, the VIN plate may not show any towing weights and the car will never be eligible for towing. As such it may not be possible to retrospectively fit a tow bar if the car is not fitted with tow bar preparation at Factory. Please speak to your Retailer to confirm the exact towing eligibility."

Edited by Sanqhar

1 hour ago, Sanqhar said:

Amazed to see this in the brochure. I have put the relevant bits in bold.

"Please note, if a tow bar or tow bar preparation is not fitted on the car, the VIN plate may not show any towing weights and the car will never be eligible for towing. As such it may not be possible to retrospectively fit a tow bar if the car is not fitted with tow bar preparation at Factory. Please speak to your Retailer to confirm the exact towing eligibility."

Not just the Enyaq, the new facelift Kodiaq brochure has the same statement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2021 at 10:20, Luckypants said:

Welcome to the club.

I cannot find the turning circle for the 80X, probably because no one has hold of one yet? However the turning circle for VW ID.4 GTX which is the same chassis is 11.6m vs 10.2m for standard ID.4. Standard Enyaq turning circle is slightly better at 9.3m. I'd guess you are right and the 80x turning circle will increase by around a meter.

I eventually got the info directly from Skoda, the 80x has a turning circle of 10,8 meters. 

• Like 1