Which Oil to use in my Octavia VRS 4 x 4 DSG TDI

I was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to what oil to use in my now 5 months old Octavia VRS 4 x 4 DSG Diesei?  I asked my local garage/dealer and was informed use long life i think it was OS-30?  Just wondering what others are using and where is best to get it

Diesel engines use VW509 spec. (VW508 for petrol engines)

It is synthetic oil 0w-20

For top ups you can get half litre and one litre bottles at most big petrol stations, eg Castrol at BP, Havoline at Texaco, Helix at Shell, Quartz at Total etc.    
A small top up quantity of 5w-30 spec synthetic oil is not a problem if that is what you have

If you want a 5 litre (or bigger) bottle to change the oil, then motor factors or online sellers.

You might glean more background info from this rather long thread on oil on a petrol Kodiaq

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/496180-oil-petrol-engine/

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

For a TDI it is long life oil even if doing Fixed Service Oil Changes.

Since the WLTP's and a bit before Skoda / VW went to using VW 508 00 / 509 00.   

That is

+++ 0w 20 Full Synthetic IV +++

You can use VW 504 00 /507 00 at the Oil & Filter change which is 5w 30 Full Synthetic III. 

But if doing so you are not using the Manufacturers Recommended oil

The cost of VW 508 / 509 ,   0w 20 FS IV has come down but it is rather pricey. 

Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 13.31.37.png

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I’ve just had a top up warning on my 3 month old diesel vRS 4x4 so read this the other day and was about to buy this spec, but looking at the sticker in the engine bay it says VW 504 00/VW 507 00. 

So I’m slightly confused!

IMG_0221.jpeg

Edited by chur1996