Estate models include Electrically operated luggage compartment cover.

3 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

What does this mean as previous estate luggage covers were very much manual operation!

I might be missing something here.

You can set in settings for cover to automatically retract halfway when boot lid is opened. I think this could be what they mean by "electrically operated".

• Like 1

In the UK, current VRS cars get the virtual pedal as standard which includes electrically operated luggage compartment cover.

My VRS had a confirmed build week of mid-July and is *slowly* going through the production stages (according to Skoda UK) due to COVID-19 and chip shortage.  So don't know if I am getting the virtual pedal or not.

2 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

In the UK, current VRS cars get the virtual pedal as standard which includes electrically operated luggage compartment cover.

My VRS had a confirmed build week of mid-July and is *slowly* going through the production stages (according to Skoda UK) due to COVID-19 and chip shortage.  So don't know if I am getting the virtual pedal or not.

My car doesn't have virtual pedal (most pointless extra ever imo) but does have the luggage cover dooh dah.

The online brochure isn't exactly accurate though as it still shows AndriodAuto as wired only which it's not.

9 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I don't have the virtual pedal but I have electrically operated cover. But I'm not from the UK.

I have the virtual pedal (great idea) but not the electrically operated cover. In Australia we do not get to choose from a list of options. There is just a Premium Pack for $6500 that includes the items below.

I found several of them desirable so I bought the pack but there were several that are of little interest to me.

image.png.71374de3e44cb17d791a938ce09d3f98.png

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

did you check settings?

You are right. I have that setting but never noticed it before.

I just tried it and I guess it works: opening the rear door retracts the cover from fully closed to half closed.

Closing the rear door again does not reverse the action but I suppose that makes sense since I could do it myself when my hands are not full of packages.

Not a feature I would have paid for, although I do like the hands-free opening feature.

I suppose it is because I only use the cover, if at all, on the rare long voyages where I have luggage on display at fuel and food stops.

From what I can see it need not be "electrically-operated" as in there being a motor. Perhaps just something gives the rearmost edge a little push up and over the detent and the retracting spring takes over.

• Like 1