Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

Well, I picked up my new Sportline today, and I'm very pleased overall.  Some differences to get to grips with, most notably the revised sat nav, and storing destinations.  I was expecting the "virtual pedal" for the boot opening, but I can't seem to make it work, so I'm not sure if it's included, though it should be according to the spec.  I was hoping the 8 inch instrument display would have been included, but it hasn't, perhaps because this is an early build.  I'll check with the dealer and report back.  Overall though, very pleased, and happy to report that the heated windscreen is the copper-conductive type, so no filaments.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

• Like 3

On 29/04/2022 at 12:09, Ashmount said:

Coincidentally our dealer called yesterday to say my wife's new facelift Karoq SE L is in the dealership, PDI'd and ready for delivery.

It was ordered on 17 February 2022 the day facelift orders were opened. 

No extras other than metallic paint.

I ordered my new Superb on 23 March, (my fourth - love these cars).  Very different story there. Dealer said it may be October before I see it, perhaps longer.

He said Skoda had adopted a policy of under promising and where possible over delivering on lead times. 

My wife was due a change in June and ordered early based on delivery lead times and strong residuals. She had a build week confirmed by end February.

@RCC49 - Happy motoring! 😃

It took me some time to get the virtual pedal to work consistently. You have to kick under the bumper to the centreline or left of that to have it sense your foot as the sensor appear to be on the right side looking left.

If you have it take care as it can close the boot lid unexpectedly if your foot strays into the sensed area, eg like today when I was sitting on the bumper putting walking boots on and it suddenly started beeping and closing.

I think it can be disabled in the menu as well if fitted.

26 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

It took me some time to get the virtual pedal to work consistently. You have to kick under the bumper to the centreline or left of that to have it sense your foot as the sensor appear to be on the right side looking left.

If you have it take care as it can close the boot lid unexpectedly if your foot strays into the sensed area, eg like today when I was sitting on the bumper putting walking boots on and it suddenly started beeping and closing.

I think it can be disabled in the menu as well if fitted.

Thanks.  I'll try again tomorrow and report back, if I still have my head!  😄

2 hours ago, RCC49 said:

Well, I picked up my new Sportline today, and I'm very pleased overall.  Some differences to get to grips with, most notably the revised sat nav, and storing destinations.  I was expecting the "virtual pedal" for the boot opening, but I can't seem to make it work, so I'm not sure if it's included, though it should be according to the spec.  I was hoping the 8 inch instrument display would have been included, but it hasn't, perhaps because this is an early build.  I'll check with the dealer and report back.  Overall though, very pleased, and happy to report that the heated windscreen is the copper-conductive type, so no filaments.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

That is beautiful, slightly biased of course! 😊

Happy motoring!

2 hours ago, RCC49 said:

Very nice!! I expected the windscreen to be a little more coppery coloured.  Its better than having the filaments showing isnt it!

Enjoy!!

If it does not have copper color then it probably no heated windscreen. I dont have heated windscreen myself on a car but looking at vids those filaments seem pretty invisible unless you focus on them. I chose those filaments on our Scala as love to have a heated windscreen. Some people dont order the heated screen because of the copper color as it mismatches with other glass windows of the car.

Edited by Omniking

13 hours ago, Omniking said:

If it does not have copper color then it probably no heated windscreen. I dont have heated windscreen myself on a car but looking at vids those filaments seem pretty invisible unless you focus on them. I chose those filaments on our Scala as love to have a heated windscreen. Some people dont order the heated screen because of the copper color as it mismatches with other glass windows of the car.

Trust me, it definitely has the heated windscreen.  If not, there's a redundant switch on the climate control panel.

Picking up my new Sportline on Saturday morning, a 3 hr drive down South but hopefully worth it.

Orderd on 28th Feb and delivery mid May, can't complain tbh.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keithjock said:

Picking up my new Sportline on Saturday morning, a 3 hr drive down South but hopefully worth it.

Orderd on 28th Feb and delivery mid May, can't complain tbh.

Congratulations!  If you're only half as pleased as I am, that will still be quite something.

• Like 1

Collected my new SEL yesterday, very impressed.

I thought I would give others a timeline of my buying experience;

Ordered on 21st Feb 2022.

Order confirmed by Skoda UK on 2nd March 2022 via email.

4th March 2022 dealer informs me that the Skoda system has me down as build in week 16.

13th March 2022 dealer informs me that the Skoda system now has me down as build week 14.

5th April 2022 dealer informs me that the Skoda system has the car built and in transit from the factory.

22nd April dealer informs me the car is at the docks in Germany.

28th April Skoda UK inform me, via email, the car has left the factory (3 weeks after dealer told me).

7th May car is at the dealers.

Collection arranged for 16th May 2022.

Total of 12 weeks from order to collection.

Great communication from my dealer.

Early indications point to a great mpg from myskoda app:

Collect car, drive to garage to fill up and drive home 6 miles @ 45.5mpg.

Little drive round 9 miles local and A roads up to 60mph. 9 miles at 55.3mpg.

Drive to and from relatives local roads 13 miles @ 52.3mpg.

I do a lot of motorway driving with a usual 400 mile road trip coming up. My previous Audi A4 Avant (similar engine) did over 60mpg on that journey, with an overall 58.9mpg over 66,500 miles. Looks like the Karoq will be doing something similar.

1836934759_KaroqSEL2.0TDI150pscopy.thumb.jpg.319d0a51c4378fb6d6fc97aabca5a4c0.jpg

• Like 4

Very nice both!

40 minutes ago, Keithjock said:

20220515_081426.thumb.jpg.77ce1bec5c7b2a863bef9741c972acf9.jpgA similar experience to me, ordered on 28th Feb and picked up on 14th May. 

Did you opt for no aerodynamic wheel covers as I did?  What tyres are fitted?  Mine are Michelin Primacy 3 and it looks like yours are too from the photo.

2 hours ago, RCC49 said:

Very nice both!

Did you opt for no aerodynamic wheel covers as I did?  What tyres are fitted?  Mine are Michelin Primacy 3 and it looks like yours are too from the photo.

Hi RCC49

Yes I have the same wheels as you and can confirm that it has Michelin Primacy tyres, love the virtual cockpit. Seems more comfortable than my 20 plate Karoq SEL.

Only thing I dislike on it is the rear compartment cover, the one in the SEL seemed far nicer, probably to do with the variflex seats it had

4 hours ago, Keithjock said:

Hi RCC49

Yes I have the same wheels as you and can confirm that it has Michelin Primacy tyres, love the virtual cockpit. Seems more comfortable than my 20 plate Karoq SEL.

Only thing I dislike on it is the rear compartment cover, the one in the SEL seemed far nicer, probably to do with the variflex seats it had

It definitely feels more comfortable to me too, also quieter and smoother.  I didn't go for the virtual cockpit, though I had one on the Passat I had before my Karoq SEL, and I did like it, but I didn't feel I could justify the extra cost of that over and above the other options I went for.  I think it's a really nice car, and I'm glad I went for the Sportline at only a small additional cost over the SEL I'd configured with various options.  I'm dying for darker evenings to try out the LED matrix headlights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RCC49 said:

Very nice both!

The SE L doesn't have the wheel covers. It did come with the Michelin Primacy 3 tyres.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, URwhoUR said:

The SE L doesn't have the wheel covers. It did come with the Michelin Primacy 3 tyres.

No, they're standard on the Sportline  I quite like them personally

Had a phone call today to say the new Karoq is at the dealers and arranged to collect on Tuesday. Ordered 2nd March hopefully collecting 24th May so again, just under 3 months from order to collection. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keithjock said:

That's beautiful 😍 Enjoy the new wheels.

😁 Thanks Keith!! I went for another (updated) SE L as it has everything I wanted, with heated windscreen added. No problems finding it in a car park 🤣

I think the Orange/ Black/Chrome contrast goes well. 

For anyone wishing to stay with the  SE L from the original version, there are a few welcome changes (apart from the obvious exterior styling changes) the seats are slightly softer. I found the previous seats a little hard, needing a stop and a stretch after 100 miles. The sat nav is improved, and updates itself.

The heated windscreen is copper conductive and no filaments. Amazingly, it look just like standard glass.

23 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

😁 Thanks Keith!! I went for another (updated) SE L as it has everything I wanted, with heated windscreen added. No problems finding it in a car park 🤣

I think the Orange/ Black/Chrome contrast goes well. 

For anyone wishing to stay with the  SE L from the original version, there are a few welcome changes (apart from the obvious exterior styling changes) the seats are slightly softer. I found the previous seats a little hard, needing a stop and a stretch after 100 miles. The sat nav is improved, and updates itself.

The heated windscreen is copper conductive and no filaments. Amazingly, it look just like standard glass.

Looks fantastic, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Just had a 400 mile round trip in mine. 

First time I have had ACC and boy is it better the plain CC. It did take me back at first when it slowed down when approaching a car that was quite a bit in the distance. Then I realised it was set in maximum distance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's now over ten months since I paced my order for my new Karoq Sportline and it has apparently finally arrived in Melbourne. According to my research the vehicle carrier docked in Melbourne on the 24th May, but Skoda Australia are still telling me it will take another month to travel from the docks to the dealer (about 25 km away). It must be being transported by a turtle.