My 2011 roomster intro and help wanted

Gavin1972

Hi all, firstly let me tell you some info-

I bought a 2011  Roomster s 1.2tsi semi auto, it was a private buy from fb marketplace. The body has its age related knocks but the interior is clean and it only done 31000 miles with full service history.

Ive had it a few weeks now and i love it,i feel like a teenager again wanting to do things to update it 😊.

I recently noticed a few things that got me thinking it mite have been in an accident at some point so i paid to have a car check and it had at the beginning of this year 🙄. Cat n non structural front and back so not to bothered about that as it looks to have been repaired ok. 

The rear bumper has parking sensors but they don't work so i guess as its a S the bumper was from a doner car, any thoughts? 

Sorry that was long winded! 

The front windows are elec but the passenger window doesn't work on the drvers door switch. It works on the passenger door switch. Ive changed the switch but still the same, anyone know what it could be? 

If anyone can help or let me know of things i should check or look out for id much appreciate it!    

As the S didn’t have parking sensors as standard (not sure if they were even on option) it does seem likely a bumper from an SE or above has been used.

It is worth checking that the crankcase breather is still attached, if it isn’t it is worth replacing as it will stop oil smells getting into the cabin and a film of oil over the engine bay. You don’t need to dismantle anything to check just follow the pipe and see if it is still attached to the engine.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/484634-12tsi-crankcase-breather-hose-one-way-valve-replacement-guide/?tab=comments#comment-5440973

• Like 1

Thanks srtatosg, ill take the door card off on the weekend and have a check of the cables 👍.

Thanks for the advice ChrisTids, i thought that about the bumper ill check if the sensors are going anywhere. If not ill buy a new kit to fit. 

Theres no smell of oil and the engine is clean but thank for the advice ill check to make sure its there! 

On 18/08/2021 at 19:51, Gavin1972 said:

Thanks srtatosg, ill take the door card off on the weekend and have a check of the cables 👍.

Thanks for the advice ChrisTids, i thought that about the bumper ill check if the sensors are going anywhere. If not ill buy a new kit to fit. 

Theres no smell of oil and the engine is clean but thank for the advice ill check to make sure its there! 

You don't have to remove door card to inspect the cables. Just pop off the bellows edge from the A pillar side  and then see if there are any broken cables. 

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 10:48, ChrisTids said:

As the S didn’t have parking sensors as standard (not sure if they were even on option) it does seem likely a bumper from an SE or above has been used.

It is worth checking that the crankcase breather is still attached, if it isn’t it is worth replacing as it will stop oil smells getting into the cabin and a film of oil over the engine bay. You don’t need to dismantle anything to check just follow the pipe and see if it is still attached to the engine.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/484634-12tsi-crankcase-breather-hose-one-way-valve-replacement-guide/?tab=comments#comment-5440973

Hi @ChrisTids yes the bumper seems to be of a se car or something so ive ordered some sensors to fit. 

I checked the crankcase breather and all good thankfully. Thanks for pointing it out though.

On 22/08/2021 at 09:11, stratosg said:

You don't have to remove door card to inspect the cables. Just pop off the bellows edge from the A pillar side  and then see if there are any broken cables. 

Hi @stratosg i removed the whole loom from the car as the wires looked shot! I tried repairing them but although i had continuity in them i wasn't confident they would be ok when bent. No joy they were the same when back in. The passenger wires look ok. I've ordered a replacement loom so ill see if that fixes it.

20210827_162717.jpg