Climate and Limiter unavailable

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, only joined today. I have a manual TSI vRS, which was first registered in March 2021.

I've had the car back to the dealership twice to correct a sporadic Climate and Limiter fault, without any success. The Limiter and the complete Climate functions are sometimes unavailable and are only reset when the vehicle is switched off and the doors locked and re-opened again. The faults are independent of each other and not, as far as I can see, connected.

A software update was applied on the first visit, which didn't achieve anything. After the second visit I was told the data was being send up to Skoda, since then I've been told that Skoda have no records of any such faults. A third visit has been booked, but my impression is that they are totally clueless to a fix for the problems.

It would be interesting if any other forum user has a similar problem.  

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst I have not experienced those particular faults others here have. There are [too] many s/ware faults with the Octavia mk4 which are slowly being addressed. Im sure Škoda know about those you mention but keep pressing the dealer and perhaps Škoda UK direct.

Hopefully you’ll get a resolution soon - but don’t hold your breath! My car has been at the dealer since mid-April as it doesn’t really know the difference between mph & kph, amongst other things 🙄

My rejected mk4 had the Climatic problems. Mine defaulted to full heat when it messed the bed. Mine also had other problems too. 

The dealer had the car back twice stating they had fixed it, they had not. 

I feel for the person who purchased it next as it has been sold. April registered 1.5 etec SEL in Titan Blue. 

On 20/08/2021 at 08:44, Paf said:

There’s a recall out for fixes to the climate control.  Mines in the dealers today to get it fixed.  

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind, could you explain what your climate issues were? I hope the dealership visit solved the problems. Mine is booked in on the 6th, it might  be useful to have some information to pass on. Many thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 07:27, Bigfish53 said:

Thanks for your response. If you don't mind, could you explain what your climate issues were? I hope the dealership visit solved the problems. Mine is booked in on the 6th, it might  be useful to have some information to pass on. Many thanks. 

How did you get on the dealership?  Asking because I also have the climate issues you described.  Any info about the recall?

Hi, they installed the 1803 software update. Previously it had the 1788 version. I've done about 6 trips and about 100 miles since and all is well. Having said that though, the faults (climate and limiter) were quite intermittent and not too frequent. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 07:27, Bigfish53 said:

Sorry only just seen this.  Occasionally on start up my climate controls are non existent.  All the temp controls are gone and when I press the clima button I just get a screen with one button that says Climate off.  The vents blow cold air out but no way to control.  If I switch the car off, lock it then go back in it resets and is ok.  

the updates didn’t fix it.  It did it when I drove away from the garage!  

Hi, your climate issues are exactly the same as what I experience. What software version have you got installed? I've just been updated from 1788 to 1803 at the dealership. As yet, 6 short trips later, all is well. However the climate issues were very sporadic and have only happened about 5 times since taking ownership in March. Time will tell if this latest version cures the problem. 

Mine does the same on 1788. Long press of the power button on the infotainment forces it to restart and always works after so you can do it whilst driving. Probably get it about 1 in 20 trips I'd say. Booked in for a software update on the 20th so hoping they install 1803.

• 1 year later...
On 19/08/2021 at 17:19, Bigfish53 said:

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, only joined today. I have a manual TSI vRS, which was first registered in March 2021.

I've had the car back to the dealership twice to correct a sporadic Climate and Limiter fault, without any success. The Limiter and the complete Climate functions are sometimes unavailable and are only reset when the vehicle is switched off and the doors locked and re-opened again. The faults are independent of each other and not, as far as I can see, connected.

A software update was applied on the first visit, which didn't achieve anything. After the second visit I was told the data was being send up to Skoda, since then I've been told that Skoda have no records of any such faults. A third visit has been booked, but my impression is that they are totally clueless to a fix for the problems.

It would be interesting if any other forum user has a similar problem.  

Hi, I am having the same issues, but reluctant to take my car in for the fifth time.  I'm current in contact with skoda UK to resolve this issue, but I won't hold my breath.  Hopefully, you'll get a fix this time.